“No brainer! Go!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Thank you to all the Tripadvisor contributors who advised going to this restaurant! We were OVERWHELMED by the gourmet food!! The next time we travel through Illinois, we will go out of our way JUST to go to dinner at the Landmark! The scallops with the Champagne Beurre Blanc Sauce was out of this world!

Reviewed March 2, 2013

This is without a doubt my wife and my favorite breakfast restaurant. We have dined in Paris, Brussels, London, Munich, Tokyo,and all major cities in US and Canada. I have had many wonderful and unique meals, but this place is a hidden jewel for sure. We have enjoyed many meals here over the past 12 years and must say the food and service is constantly fantastic. If this reastaurant was in Peoria or Chicago you would have to wait in line for hours. My wife and I are selfishly happy it is in historic Galesburg. Multiple flavored coffees, fresh fruit, many different dishes and a breakfast special or specials every Saturday and Sunday. The staff is very professional and the owner is almost always present. This is a wonderful place to enjoy excellent food and atmosphere (historic building). In the spring and summer the outdoor patio area is wonderful. I know I am almost raving here, but to find a restaurant this great in a small Illiinois town was really fantastic. Lunch and Dinner are excellent also, but our favorite has always been breakfast, because it is normally pretty much the same in most restaurants. These dishes are really special. Try it for breakfast on a weekend, I promise you will enjoy it.

3  Thank Brian K
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I grew up in the Galesburg area and I can tell you that this is the best restaurant that I have ever been to, let alone in Galesburg! I cannot rave enough about this place. I now have to throw a fit to my fiance to take me back home on my birthday every year because I have to have spinach bisque! I've tried a lot on their menu and all of it has been fantastic. The lobster bisque is so creamy and rich. The pesto chicken pasta is one of my favorite dishes. My fiance loves the duck pasta. But I usually stay with a bowl of spinach bisque (because it is the best thing that I've ever eaten! And try as I might, I cannot recreate it at home.), half of a Ritz sandwich (Turkey - real shaved turkey too, cream cheese, walnuts, and cranberry sauce - soo great on sour dough bread), and we always order the peasant bread and roasted garlic to share. Do try to save room for some crepes for dessert because they are absolutely divine. And if it is summertime, try to get seating on the outside patio - it is gorgeous and will provide the perfect romantic atmosphere to any date. Oh, and they have great cappuccinos. I work in a coffeehouse and I am very picky about my coffee - no burnt Starbucks for me - I love the coffee at the Landmark. The mocha with Godiva liquor is very well balanced. The service is always consistent and good; I've never had bad service there. Since I work in a locally owned establishment and my mother has owned a business, I do my best to support locally owned restaurants and stores. Seminary Street definitely is the best place to shop and eat in Galesburg and the Landmark is a lovely little gem that redeems the whole town.

In fact, when I was in high school, my mom gave me money to go shopping and go out to eat one year on my birthday. My friend and I decided to go to the Landmark. After we ate, we went up to pay our bill and I found that half of the money that I had left over had fallen out of my little bag somewhere along our way. I was absolutely mortified because we were $5 short for our bill. I offered to make an emergency call to my mom - but the owner said not to worry about it. I later went back in to make sure to give them the $5 and tip our waitress. But that kind of service and kindness is something that you will only find at a locally owned establishment. In this economy, we all need to try supporting small business every chance we get. And I will be returning to the Landmark for as long as it is standing - I don't care if I have to drive hours to get there.

2  Thank Wolf-killer1987
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Galesburg is an intermediate stop on our annual christmas trip to Minnesota. We were delighted to discover that the Landmark is just as great as we thought last year. My wife and I had our usual Beef Burgundy Crepe, The soup of the day was Kale and bean soup, clearly home-made. Service and suggestions from our waitress, Alice V, was excellent and we topped the meal off with a Praline crepe which we shared. Whenever we are close to this city we will stop here for dinner.

2  Thank rwhamilton61
Reviewed January 18, 2013

My wife & I really enjoyed the Landmark Cafe & Creperie. My only regret is that I neglected to take a picture of our wonderful Crab Sliders before eating them. Alice V, our server, was great. The Beef Burgundy crepe and the Chicken Ole crepe were quite tasty, but the crepe was more cooked than we expected. However, the Turtle crepe desert was perfect, with a wonderfully soft crepe. It's clear why this is the top rated restaurant in Galesburg.

1  Thank bearded_bard