“always a good meal”

Acapulco Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 97 Restaurants in Galesburg
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed March 14, 2013

You can always expect a reasonably priced and tasty meal at Acapulco Restaurant. I enjoy the lunch combo meal and always get the chicken burrito and tamale.

1  Thank notesfork

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I love Meixican cuisine and am always looking for a great place to indulge myself. In Galesburg, I've found it! This place is terrific. I have eaten here numerous time and every time, the staff has always been friendly and helpful, the place is pleasant and the food is vey good. The menu has variety - but is not overwhelming with options, choices and combo plates. The prices are reasonable and the portions are generous. All in all, an excellent choice.....

2  Thank lovebooks51
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We've eaten here several times and have been very happy with the food and service each time. Their menu offers a good variety without an overwhelming number of choices. The meats are tender and well seasoned, the vegetables are fresh and not overcooked. Their rice is the best I've had in a mexican restaurant. It's not a fancy place but has a very comfortable atmosphere; there were lots of couples and there were several groups meeting for birthday celebrations. I can definitely recommend the Alambres which was grilled onions, peppers, zuchinni and yellow squash, and came with a combination of steak and chicken (shrimp was also available) and a wonderful seasoning. It was so good I don't think I'll be able to try anything else on the menu now! From previous visits I know the tamales and Chile Rellenos. They also have a good variety of adult beverages with pitchers of margaritas being pretty popular from what we could see. The staff have always been very nice and friendly with good service. They also offer breakfast.

2  Thank Annette M
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I have been to Acapulco Restaurant 3 times now, twice on the weekends and once on a Wednesday, and it was awesome all 3 times. Staff is very friendly, food comes fast (and is more than I can eat.) Service is great, drinks are good....how much better can live get than this?? Oh yeah, prices are very reasonable too! Just can't say enough good about the place. So glad that one of my friends told me about the restaurant! it's a little far back off of Henderson Street, and doesn't exactly jump out at you, but go find it! You'll be glad that you did!

2  Thank Rebecca A
Reviewed October 14, 2012

My wife and I have visited this restaurant numerous times, and we have never had a bad experience. The place has also improved since being taken over by Elvith. She is a natural for the business---knows her stuff, is very willing to please, i.e. she is always willing to serve any custom dish that we want to order. All of the staff is friendly. Food is served quickly and is always hot and portions are generous. So when we think Mexican, Acapulco is the only place for us! Prices are very reasonable too

5  Thank 6timesbahamas