“Excellent Week”

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Galesburg
Seneca, IL
“Excellent Week”
Reviewed June 10, 2010

I stayed for a week in June 2010. The rooms are your basic hotel rooms. But they were very clean. I had no problems with any drains or of the room smelling, so I don't know what that is about. The grounds were very well maintained and there is a nice little courtyard between the buildings to sit and relax. There is wireless internet in the room I was in and it was very fast plus there is an ethernet port if you're wired but no cable available. Housekeeping was fantastic. I was in building "A" and Helen the housekeeper did a fanatastic job making my stay as comfortable as possible. She is the reason I'm writing this room. She just made everything fantastic.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
chicago
Reviewed May 31, 2010

We went to visit relatives in Galesburg this Memorial Day W/end & were debating betweeen BW or Holiday Inn Express....basically choose this BW based on it's larger pool. Upon check - in, we were off. When I walked up to the front desk & stated that I would like to check in I was greeted by a sarcastic remark "Of Course You Do". Isn't that why people use hotels ? It doesn't get much better . I also asked " from the same 20 something dark haired larger girl" for x-tra pillows & towels be delivered to my room . I knew I would need those items & was asked " You want them now?" Ummm---Yeah. Didn't I just ask for them? I'm thinking REALLY? #$%^$@#^ !! Anyway....went to our family BBQ & had a very nice day....back at the hotel around 1am, exhausted. Guess what !!! No xtra pillows or towels. The room itself was alright, but the fact that the service was so poor & pool area wasn't as clean as it could be.. I would recommend trying the HI express. It's about the same $$ & breakfast is included too.
Another quick note about the rooms....My family stayed in building A on the second floor. That building was maintained seemingly well however other family members stayed on the ground floor building E & the room was stinky & they did comment about holes in the bathroom walls with exposed pipes....Just thought I'd mention that too.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank ChicagoFirewater

Travelers are raving about these Galesburg hotels

California Coast
Reviewed May 23, 2010

1. Our room smells liked a sour ashtray, even though the motel supposedly went non-smoking 2.5 years ago.
2. There were exactly two outlets our room, each overloaded with dust-covered multiple extension cords. When did this place last pass a fire inspection?
3. We tried to check in at 2:50 pm, along with several others who had shown up a bit early, and the desk clerks were openly rude, turning people away because it wasn't 3 pm. And one clerk said loudly, "After 3 o'clock, you're not my problem anymore because I'm out of here." Nice.
4. Beat-up scarred furniture.
5. None of the drains drained at all.
6. No wireless - you're tethered by a very short ethernet cable to the grody desk.

This place may look ok on the outside, but it's no bargain. Stay elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank tinsel1939
Plymouth, Minnesota
Reviewed April 29, 2010

good room, clean, friendly staff. I stayed one night and would recco as it is right off the interstate highway.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Illinois
Reviewed March 28, 2010

Our high school baseball team was playing in a local tournement and spent the night at this facility. We were very pleased with the staff and the hotel itself. The rooms were in pretty good shape and the price was acceptable. If we play in the same tournement next year we will definately make the Best Western our lodging choice.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Dixon, IL
Reviewed December 28, 2009

We rented a conference room and a suite. The conference room was for a Thanksgiving meal we brought in for our family. The service was excellent. The suite was a little outdated but the room was huge and clean. The staff including housekeeping was exceptional. When I returned in December the housekeeping woman actually remembered me and made me feel very welcomed.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
West Central IL
Reviewed November 28, 2009

My family and I rented a conference room to have our Thanksgiving dinner. We explained to the staff that we would cook the food at the homes of the people who lived in the area and bring it. They thought of everything else! The moved in a microwave, refrigerator, extra plug ins for the crock pots of food we brought and even dish soap. They gave us a huge room with 2 sliding doors that led to a courtyard where the children gleefully romped and played to their hearts content, easily viewed through the doors by their parents. They had lovely tables set up for us, arranged so we could have a buffet style family dinner. During the dinner, the manager, front desk staff and housekeeping were all very helpful getting us anything we had forgotten. A few of us had accommodations for the night and while some of the furniture was a bit worn, the amenities and staff made up for anything that was lacking in the decor. Highly recommend this place for gatherings as well as a nights stay!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Galesburg
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Galesburg
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Monmouth
Super 8 Monmouth IL
Super 8 Monmouth IL
#2 of 3 in Monmouth

Been to Best Western Prairie Inn & Conference Center? Share your experiences!