“Getting Better”

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Galesburg
Jacksonville, Florida
“Getting Better”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

Visiting Knox College, I have stayed at this hotel many times. On my last visit, I could tell that updates are happening. The room had been updated. This is an older hotel and not fancy, but the rooms are big enough. There's a coffee maker. The beds are comfortable. Having the restaurant onsite for breakfast is a big plus and the food is good and inexpensive (even before the discount.) I've never eaten dinner there. As a previous reviewer stated, walking in the interior corridors can be confusing, but I have never had a problem with noise from other rooms. The staff are nice and helpful.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

Room was spacious and clean. It appears that they are working on remodeling and have the interior corridors complete. I agree completely with a previous review about the corridors. They were confusing and took us a while to get from our room to the lobby. We requested adjoining rooms as we had 2 of our granddaughters with us however this request was not honored and in fact the rooms were not even next to each other and the motel did not appear to be full by any means. The room appeared not to have been used for a while as the water was brown in the tub when I first turned it on, however was fine after that. It was quiet and a short drive to downtown which had some nice small shops and antique stores and restaurants. In the restaurant for dinner are food was average to below average. The lightly breaded walleye that my husband ordered was heavily breaded and the fish rubbery as was the grilled prawns. The pasta the girls ordered was good however. Breakfast was fine and the wait staff helpful. The pool was the high light and that is the only reason I am giving it a very good review. It was full size with an 8 ft deep end, which is hard to find in a motel/hotel these days. The girls really enjoyed being able to jump in the pool. Definitely not high end, but adequate for a one night stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Waynesboro, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2012

Was taking a family trip with an active five year old, and 20-month old twins at Christmas.

The layout is basically three buildings with fully enclosed cloisters. It includes a good restaurant with a 25% guest discount, so once you're here, you don't need to go back out unless you want to. For what we paid, the restaurant was very good.

The staff, and especially the maintainance staff, was extremely helpful and friendly.

Our room was pretty spacious. We requested a portable crib and it was in the room ready to go when we got there. The bathroom was a pretty good size too, and overall the room was well laid-out and clean.

The cons? Not too many channels on the older TV, no mini-fridge, and there were some very big transitional bumps when trying to roll your luggage around. A few upgrades could make this an excellent property

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank SouthCentralPA_11
Kathy F, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Prairie Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, January 9, 2012
On behalf of the staff, we would like to thank you so much for the kind words that you wrote in regards to your stay with us at the Best Western Plus Prairie Inn in Galesburg, Il. It is always nice to hear from our guests that we have done a good job.

We look forward to you staying with us the next time you are in the area.

jax
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2011

A nice place to stay for a few nights.There is a lounge and restaurant inside the hotel.Large menu to choose from and pretty cheap prices.And you get a 25% discount on dinner with room key.can't beat that.only thing I did not like was older tv's and no mini fridge or microwave.other than that no complaints.

• Stayed December 2011
Thank you for the nice review that you gave us at the Best Western Plus Prairie Inn in Galesburg, Il. We are proud of our property and appreciate the compliments. We are working on getting new, flat screen tv's for all of our rooms.
We hope that next time you are in the Galesburg, Il area, you stay with us at the Best Western plus Prairie Inn.
G.S. Manager
Galesburg, Illinois USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2011

As Chairman of the AECOI, we found the Best Western, Prairie Inn, Galesburg, Illinois to offer not only exceptional service with our AECOI Convention, December 7, 8, and 9th, 2011 held in Galesburg, Illinois, superb rooms, excellent food and quality attention.

We feel Galesburg is quite fortunate to have such a wonderful facility in our community and invite everyone to experience the Best Western, Prairie Inn, Galesburg, Illinois.

Bill Butts
Chairman of the AECOI

Room Tip: Very nice choices in rooms, foods, etc., located right off of I-74.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Butts,
Thank you so very much for the kind words that you posted in regards to the staff and accomodations that you and your group had at the Best Western Plus Prairie Inn in Galesburg, Il. We love to hear that we are providing Exceptional Guest Services to our guests.
We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Thank you again!
G.S. Manager
Best Western Plus Prairie Inn
chicago, illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2011

Today, when my husband was informed he had to have surgery for a blocked bile duct, I called to cancel. I was informed that I couldn't cancel boecasue I used the online reservation system and that basically, I should have seen that when I made the reservation. I travel for business every week and have other occasions where things happen and I have to cancel. NEVER has a hotel told me no...regardless of the policy. I was even going to change my reservation date because I will have to be back there to complete my work. But the rudeness I encountered is unacceptable. To charge me $140 becuase I have to attend to my husband's illness is poor customer service. I lwill not allow this hotel or the Best Western brand my business again if this is how they treat their customers. Oh, and did I mention that Russ, who answered my call, also told me he can make changes when he LIES and says the customer made a mistake when they reserved their room. Apparently, he wasn't in the lying mood today. Nice. Enjoy my money you stole from me.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Laurin H
prairieinn, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Prairie Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 8, 2011
Dear Laurin,

Let me first apologize for the perceived rudeness of my staff. I can assure you that the Guest Services Agent has been talked to in regards to this issue.

I would also like to thank you for bringing this to my attention. It is the Best Western Plus Prairie Inn policy of a 24 hour cancel.You must cancel your reservation at least 24 hours before your arrival. I have looked into your emergency circumstances and your credit card has been credited with the one nights stay that was charged to you. You should see that on your credit card statement by now.

I hope that you give us another try at the Best Western Plus Prairie Inn. We would like to show you what Complete Guest Satisfaction is all about.

Should you have any questions or comments for me, I can be contacted at (309) 343-7151 ext 662.

Best Western Plus Prairie Inn
Columbia, MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2011

Very nice, very good staff, the best pillows, a bit pricey for the hotel, but it was a special weekend at Galesburg (Railroad Days or something). The bathroom was small, but I understand that they have completely remodeled, so they probably couldn't avoid it. Check-out and -in was super-quick. Super-quiet.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
prairieinn, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Prairie Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 20, 2011
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write such a complimentary letter. I am passing on your comments, knowing that it will serve as an inspiration to our staff to continue their efforts. We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Best Western Prairie Inn the next time you are in Galesburg, Illinois. We look forward to your return.

Misty Tenenbaum
Guest Services Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Galesburg
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Galesburg
Super 8 Monmouth IL
Super 8 Monmouth IL
#2 of 3 in Monmouth
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Monmouth

Been to BEST WESTERN Prairie Inn & Conference Center? Share your experiences!