“A GREAT INN TO STAY IN WHILE VISITING GALESBURG!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Galesburg
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Galesburg
Grayslake
“A GREAT INN TO STAY IN WHILE VISITING GALESBURG!”
Reviewed October 10, 2010

We met our friends at the motel - they had driven from Michigan to spend a few days with us in Galesburg and the area. We were pleasantly surprised at how helpful and nice the staff was, from the manager on duty to the gal who took care of the food and eating area. ALL were smiling and pleasant at all times and most helpful, when needed. We found that we could easily arrive a day early so called from the road to ask if they could accommodate us and they did. They updated their t.v. programming and now offer 500 channels and did so with very little interruption. The rooms were clean (yes, even the corners) up to date with nice comfy beds and linens and comfortable chair and sofa, t.v. and tables and lamps. All fresh looking. A small microwave, fridge and sink and table and chairs complete the two rooms of the suite. Hotel is attractive and quiet. We would go again. The first night the room was chilly so we put the heat on but the sitting area and bath remained chilly. I found by turning on the fan to the side of the sink it drew the warm air into the bath and sitting area and made them comfortable - it works the same with the a.c.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Macon, North Carolina
Reviewed September 2, 2010

WE stayed here on our return trip 1 night. With our goldpoints, got a nice upgrade to a suite. Clean,comfortable and quiet room. Pool was quiet and watewr temp was perfect for relaxing after a long drive that day. No cookies, but breakfast the next morning was the usual and quite adequate and good. Overall, a good stop with easy access to shopping and the Interstate.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kingfather
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed July 15, 2010

We've stayed at this Country Inn a few times. We tried a different hotel this year and I really wish we hadn't. The service here has been good or great for us. We love the lending library in the lobby and almost always swim when we stay. Breakfast is better than average continental breakfast with a variety of hot foods included. Will definitely return here next time we're in Galesburg.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Broomfield, Colorado
Reviewed April 2, 2009

My daughter and I went to in Galesburg to visit Knox College. I reserved a room via the hotel’s website, a few weeks in advance, for a one-night stay in late March. I was surprised to see that the hotel charged our one-night stay at the time of the reservation, as opposed to after the stay. Also, their cancelation policy was more strict than I am accustomed to: they charge a $25 cancelation fee if a cancelation is made more than 4 days ahead, and a full night’s accommodation is charged if a cancelation is made within the last 4 days. So you want to be relatively certain before you make a reservation with them.
The hotel was located about a block behind the Target store, across the street from a rather defunct-looking shopping mall. The hotel was clean and well-maintained, and the public areas were nicely decorated. We were on the second floor, and our room was quite nice – good-sized, with two queen beds. The only complaint we had was that the shampoo provided was Pantene, and neither of us copes well with strongly scented products, so we bought something more mildly-scented at Target.
Breakfast was provided the next morning; the breakfast room had coffee and juices, bagels and cream cheese, cinnamon rolls, toast, cereal, make-your-own waffles and scrambled eggs and sausage: more than the usual continental breakfast. We were told that coffee is provided 24 hours a day, but we did not take advantage of that.
No newspapers were delivered to the rooms, but USA Today and the local paper were available in the lobby.
When we were packed up and ready to leave, we informed the front desk that we had vacated the room, then drove to Knox College. When we got to Knox, we found out that my daughter would be attending two classes (to get the feel of the college), which gave me the better part of three hours to kill. I thought I’d be much more comfortable killing that time back at the hotel, but of course, we’d already checked out. I gave them a call anyway, and they were extremely accommodating and let me spend the time in the hotel room. I really thought this was above and beyond.

• Stayed March 2009
1 Thank Yobabs
Illinois
Reviewed March 9, 2009

We had wanted a room with a jacuzzi, but they were already taken. However they called to all the area hotels with jacuzzi rooms to see if anyone had one open, but it turned out no one did. We ended up staying with them and I must say we enjoyed the visit. The service was great, the room was clean and quiet, and the pool area was nice too. If I stayed in a local hotel I would go here.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 22, 2008

September 2008...We picked Galesburg as a stopping off place on the way home. We rarely stay at Country Inns and Suites but the reviews were good. At first glance the hotel seemed okay and clean enough. We had a king room at the top of the steps. Good location I thought because the window was blocked by their hotel front so less chance of road noise. The room was nice unfortunately I noticed the sheets were either for a queen rather than a king or shrunk. Not in very good taste to be looking at the mattress. Also a couple of the towels in the bathroom were actually fraded. They looked like dust rags. I passed off those problems. They definitely need to upgrade their linens. That's one thing that really turns me off. Then the BIGGIE....We couldn't get internet access in our room. The girl down stairs was no help at all. She was more concerned about talking to some guy about apple sauce. She suggested coming to the lobby to use the internet. Who wants to drive all day and then sit in the lobby that evening to us the internet. We requested a boster. She had no idea what I was talking about. We found that even though they advertise internet in ALL ROOMS...some rooms can't get access. You could pick it up in the hall and down one end of the hall...even in the exit stair wells but not in our room. Breakfast was just breakfast. Eggs weren't very good. Guess I should have known better than to stay there. We are use to Hampton and Holiday Inn Express quality. The manager was very nice in the morning and completely understood all my problems. He did give me a 20% discount on my room which I felt was fair. Actually that is what the rooms should have cost for the quality of the hotel. Some people may not be as picky but when I travel I expect what is advertised and a good quality room.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — No internet access, needs new linens
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Boston, MA
Reviewed October 12, 2008

This is just an average hotel though clean enough (if you don't look too closely at corners etc). Breakfast was awful though compared to breakfast at any Hampton Inn (stale english muffins, awful tasting sausage) and the dining room is extremely tiny. My colleague and I were in Galesburg for business and this hotel is not really suited to a business traveler. The gym has a treadmill that works and 2 bike machines that don't seem to work. The front desk staff is pretty friendly but not terribly clued in on where to eat..for the first 2 nights we suffered through eating at Applebees and an Irish Pub down the street. On our last night we were delighted to discover Chez Willy's near Main and Seminary St..what a great find! I had a great Pepper Potato soup, crab cakes and a delicious rack of lamb..nice wine too (plus they have an attached wine shop). The following day we discovered the Landmark Cafe, good home cooked food too.

• Liked — Proximity to business event
  • Disliked — Awful breakfast
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Galesburg
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Galesburg
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Monmouth
Super 8 Monmouth IL
Super 8 Monmouth IL
#2 of 3 in Monmouth

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Galesburg? Share your experiences!