“Probably the best restaurant in downtown Galena” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of One Eleven Main

One Eleven Main
Reserve with OpenTable
One Eleven Main is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 62 Restaurants in Galena
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Wheaton, IL
“Probably the best restaurant in downtown Galena”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

My wife and I have taken an "anniversary trip" to Galena for a few years now--usually in summer, but this year we opted to see Galena in its holiday finery. We've eaten at a number of the downtown bistros over this time and have had meals ranging from average to slightly above: overall, nothing to shout about, and nothing to make us particularly eager to make return visits. On a very cold Saturday night on our trip in early December we ducked into One Eleven Main and were very pleased that our randomly found parking place and the frigid weather had brought us into that particular spot! This is a pretty good restaurant. We had a great salad using local ingredients and a tasty bread for starters. For dinner I had the demi-glazed roast duck breast with mashed sweet potatoes and veggies; my wife had their beef pot roast and garlic mashed potatoes--both were very good, and my bride opined that the mashed potatoes might have been the best she had ever had (saying something there, I suppose). Dessert was a little bit of a disappointment--we had their peppermint chocolate cake and found nothing particularly peppermint-y going on therein and the cake itself was average. Still, the meal was good and the service was attentive without being annoying. In sum, we would like to go back to One Eleven Main on our next trip to Galena!

One note: it was a cold night to be sure, but the restaurant was a little on the cool and drafty side.

Madison, Wisconsin
“Very difficult in you're part of a group”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

We were a group of 15 people from various family groups who had a reservation. The wait staff didn't even ask to take a drink or appetizer order, just asked if we were still waiting on people to arrive and then left. We had to stop her to ask her to take a drink order. When we were ready to order, the first group ordered, then the next couple said 'we're together' to which the waitress replied 'I can't split checks.' I ordered a salad and a sandwich, which per the menu, came with fries. It took just under 60 minutes for our food order to come. One couple in our area was seated, served and left in the time it took for our food orders to arrive! When my order came, there were no fries with my sandwich. When asked about the fries, the waitress said 'she had swapped my salad for the fries, and there wouldn't be an upcharge', as though she had done me a favor. I just left it as it was, as I didn't want to wait for the proper order to be placed and served, it took so long to get our food in the first place. When the final bill ($437.00+) came she announced to the group that she could only take 3 credit cards total on the bill and that they each had to be charged the same amount. WHAT?!! Nope, she couldn't split the charge on each card to actually reflect what the person ordered, not possible. So some paid cash, some by check and some by card. The waitress came back to the table and said she needed the card to include the tip before she ran it. I've never heard that one before and actually, that's rude. She went back downstairs, then came back and announced that she couldn't take checks. One party said 'it's not posted anywhere, not on your website or the menu, what's with that? So where's the ATM?' Oh, there's no ATM available. Two parties who paid by check did not have cash with them, having expected to be able to pay by card. Those parties refused to split the bill into equal amounts and wanted to pay for what they had ordered, which she said she could not do, so they had written checks. She 'got permission' to take the checks once license numbers were added. it took more than 30 minutes to pay the bill and was a very unpleasant experience. They made it extremely hard to pay, didn't tell anyone about their silly payment rules when the reservation was made or when the group was seated and then were hard to deal with when there was pushback, which was in no way rude or mean spirited. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone and especially not to groups. There are many other restaurants in Galena that are happy to take your money and split the bill according to what you actually consumed.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Stephanie M
Springfield, Illinois
“Great food on Main Street”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

After a long day of walking around, entered as soon as it was open (upon recommendations from others). Warmly greeted by the hostess and seated at a roomy booth. The house salad was very good with homemade dressing (no iceberg lettuce!). We had the duck-outstanding!! And the pot-roast...very good. All of their food, or as much as they can, is locally produced. There was also a good beverage selection. We will be back on our next visit.

Visited December 2013
Grayslake, Illinois
“One of my favorite places”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

Love this restaurant, it's innovative in all it's culinary. Great location in downtown Galena, with very reasonable prices. I had the pot roast over garlic mashed potatoes topped with sweet baby carrots and gravy that was not heavy, but added a great flavor to the meal.

Dubuque, Iowa
“Anniversary dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

My husband and I went to One Eleven Main to celebrate our anniversary. It was a great dining experience. Jake, our waiter, was excellent. Atmosphere charming with old wood floors and exposed brick walls. Food was a delight. I had Salmon and my husband had New York strip. Both meals were prepared perfectly. We shared a dessert of cheesecake. We would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a true dining experience.