“Bad Service with a Side of Mediocre Food”
Review of One Eleven Main

One Eleven Main
Reserve with OpenTable
One Eleven Main is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 65 Restaurants in Galena
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I'll try to make this short. We were made to wait for a table in an empty restaurant. Were they trying to prop it up? When the hostess asked us to wait (again after waiting a 1/2 hr) so she could check to see if our table was ready we were perplexed to get upstairs and find only four tables occupied. Waitress seemed rush and harried (again confusing), never went over the specials and was polite but certainly not friendly or informative. We had fishy, dry salmon and a very tough NY strip. Nothing creative. Nothing above normal. The sound of sawing from downstairs renovations didn't add to the ambience. If you're a food fan this is a tough sell. The restaurant itself is attractive. Bummer.

1  Thank jaluca04

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Waiter really knew what he was offering, fresh food from local farms, presentation of food was very appealing, environment was pleasant! Thank you for making our special dinner perfect!!!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

had a late lunch, salad listed with fruit and nuts, plenty of greens, no apple slices, few nuts, so a disappointment. Cheese board appetizer was good, and fish and chips was also well prepared. The hostess was rapid fire to share the menu; service was exceptionally slow; so so many restaurants in town will try another next time. Price ok.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Many menu options to choose from. I had Mediterranean salad which was fresh and full of flavor. Our grandson had a tasty hamburger prepared to his liking.
I would return here for dinner next visit.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

This place was much bigger inside than I thought, you can dres up or down as Galena is casual. We sat on the 2nd floor and itt was very well decorated. My wife and I loved the salad of mixed greens. They looked and tasted like they were right off the farm. Fresh, fresh, fresh! My wife had the salmon and I had the pot roast dinner. What a presentation with the proteins on top of fresh, wonderful asparagas, all of which sat on a bed of mashed potatoes. looked and tasted fabulous. truly unexpected in Galena. we were celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary. There was only 1 way to top it - desserrt of course. I had a delicious flourless chocolate cake. Rich and delectable. Thank you One Eleven Main.

Been to One Eleven Main? Share your experiences!