“Great Service, Good Food with Local Flair.”
Review of One Eleven Main

One Eleven Main
Reserve with OpenTable
One Eleven Main is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 66 Restaurants in Galena
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I love that this restaurant celebrates local produce. The food was good and the location was in the heart of the Downtown area. The waitstaff was attentive and friendly

Reviewed October 27, 2012

After reading so much about One Eleven Main, we decided to splurge on a Friday night. Reservations were for 7pm but weren't necessary at all. We were escorted upstairs where we were one of two tables being served (one more arrived before we left at 8:30pm). Downstairs was a tad busier but not much.

Our server was Kailee and she was a total doll. Excellent service, great attitude, extremely helpful. When we go back, I will literally ask if she's working and ask to be seated in her section. That good. We were seated by a window and could look out at other shops. Very relaxed. The decor is really great. Exposed brick and black & white photographs. Right up my alley.

We were looking forward to the Chef's Fall Harvest Menu, which on the website says runs through October 28, but were disappointed that it had already concluded for the season (we were there the 26th). No problem though - the menu is crazy filled with unique dishes.

We started with the Beer Cheddar Fondue and it was amazing. Truly. The cheese could have been served with nothing but spoons and we'd have been happy. We each got a dinner salad - fresh and crisp - with an excellent house balsamic. For entree, I chose the Duck Breast. It came with mashed sweet potatoes and roasted brussels sprouts. I had really high expectations of the duck, and I was pretty disappointed. Duck should have crispy skin and be extremely tender. This had a thick fat cap with no color at all, could have really benefited from a bit of salt, and while not dry - wasn't something I'd ever order again or recommend. The mash and sprouts however - very very good. My friend had the Beef Stroganoff. Incredible. The meat was melt-in-your-mouth tender and the sauce was spot-on. Enormous portion. I'd order that again for sure. For dessert we shared the black forest cake. Save your money. The filling was very good, but the cake was super super dry. Good flavor but needed to have been refrigerated less or prepared later. Just something. Overall a good dinner, but not completely stellar like I had set myself up for. Was right about $100 with tip for shared appetizer, two salads, two entrees, shared dessert, and one drink. Pretty worth it!!

I would and will go back, no question. I'll just have more realistic expectations and have dessert elsewhere!

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Jim Post has been lauded by the Washington Post, the Chicago Sun Times, even the Smithsonian as a must see. They were right! I'm a Twain buff, and I swear halfway through the show I forgot I was witnessing an impersonator! He will transport you to the past, I promise. He integrates his own songs into his act, using Twain's childhood experiences as inspiration. His vocal range is astonishing, especially considering he's also playing guitar, and he's 73 years old! His quick wit and humor is spot on! Cudos to 111 Main for being the home of his 2012 tour! We'll be back. Regarding the restaraunt, though we did not dine there on this occassion, we have several times in the past, and we are always impressed with the variety and quality of dishes using local ingredients and meats. They never dissapoint

Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband and I ate there for our second anniversary and everything about the restaurant was great! When I made our reservations I let them know that it was a special ocassion for us and they sure did make us feel special. The building has a beautiful ambiance, and the tables are placed in a way to make your experience more intamate. The food was just as amazing! Everything was local and fresh, even the meat! Such a special place for a special dinner!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Nothing better than supporting a restaurant that gets its meats and vegetables LOCALLY and organic! Service was amazing!