We decided to stay in Galena for a night post holiday and visiting with family. Stoney Creek stood out to us because it was the only one of two area accommodations that were dog friendly.
There is a separate "wing" in the hotel for those with dogs. The room itself was clean and well maintained. I enjoyed the small attention to detail - soap with the same leaf print as the wallpaper, bowls for the dog on a paw shaped mat, etc.
Set appropriate expectations and you won't be disappointed with Stoney Creek. It is located right off a busy boulevard near a Piggly Wiggly. Don't expect luxury or historic charm. However, expect to be surprised by the cleanliness and charmed by it's certain degree of kitschiness.
About 10 minutes (or $10 cab ride) from Main Street.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gravitate to Galena. After a wonderful day shopping more than 100 antique stores, marveling at historic 19th-century architecture, playing a round of championship golf, hitting the slopes or experiencing one of Galena's many unique restaurants, the Stoney Creek Hotel rooms and theme suites are the perfect place to unwind. Relax by the fire or in our indoor heated pool. We look forward to your arrival. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Stoney Creek Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stoney Creek Inn Galena Hotel Galena
- Stoney Creek Galena
- Stoney Creek Hotel Galena