My wife and I decided to take a couple’s weekend to Galena. I had planned initially to stay at the DeSoto house downtown, but waited too long and couldn’t get the room I wanted, so I decided to book our stay at Stony Creek Inn. For about the same price as the room at DeSoto, we stayed in one of their themed rooms(“Captain’s Quarters”), a large nicely appointed room with LCD TV, fireplace, 2-person whirlpool tub, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, etc. The staff was very friendly, the hotel definitely had an interesting decor, and the room was quiet (except for the door -- see below). My wife appreciated the natural and/or organic toiletries supplied by the hotel. The hotel is located on the north end of town close to a McDonald’s and grocery store if you need anything quick, but is still only a few minutes from downtown. We decided to skip the breakfast provided by the hotel in favor of eating at a local restaurant, so I can't really comment on that.
Complaints? Very few, and only minor issues that did little to detract from our stay. The bathroom lights were over the sink with a vent light in the middle of the room, so the shower stall was a little dark. The door to our room was a double door that rattled when a neighbor’s door was opened or closed, making it sound like someone was trying to open our door. However, that only occurred a few times, and only early in the evening. If it would have happened later at night it would have been much more annoying. The couch faced away from the TV, making it difficult for us to watch TV together, but there was one chair and footstool placed in the middle of the room for watching TV; so I grabbed another from the desk to sit in.
None of the cons listed above were significant issues, so i we visit Galena in the future, we would definitely consider staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gravitate to Galena. After a wonderful day shopping more than 100 antique stores, marveling at historic 19th-century architecture, playing a round of championship golf, hitting the slopes or experiencing one of Galena's many unique restaurants, the Stoney Creek Hotel rooms and theme suites are the perfect place to unwind. Relax by the fire or in our indoor heated pool. We look forward to your arrival. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Stoney Creek Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stoney Creek Inn Galena Hotel Galena
- Stoney Creek Galena
- Stoney Creek Hotel Galena