“Worth a stop....”

Big Bill's Sandwich Shop & Coffee Bar
Ranked #19 of 68 Restaurants in Galena
Reviewed April 22, 2019

This is always a solid lunch stop at the end of Main Street…table service, friendly staff (Christina) and cool photography on the walls. My wife loves eating here because of the gluten free options and for this lunch I joined her in town. My cranberry chicken salad sandwich was very tasty and along with the house chips (added since my last review a couple of years back!) made for a very good meal. My wife enjoyed her GF roast beef sandwich and we both enjoyed the Chai Tea Latte that we both swear is much better than Starbucks and not nearly the price. I have yet to try the newly added breakfast, but that will come. Nice work by Jack, the tomato-less young entrepreneur of this corner shop.

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed April 4, 2019

Our last trip we "discovered" Big Bills. Liked their coffee much better than Kaladi's. The coffee wasn't bitter. Not sure if Kaladi's filters their water or not. Next trip we plan to try their food.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed March 24, 2019 via mobile

Second time I have visited here and enjoyed the veggie frittata both times. It comes with hash browns and toast so it’s a large amount of food. Everything, including service, was great. My only suggestion — please ditch the styrofoam takeout containers to a more earth friendly option!

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed February 11, 2019

Stopped here for lunch on our Galena weekend getaway. I liked the coffee bar tucked back in the corner, and the laid back layout (including couch seating). The food was good, not great. The soup we got was okay, and the sandwich was pretty tasty.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 6, 2019 via mobile

We had lunch here with our family of 6. Our teen boys are big eaters and so the sandwiches were perfect for them. They are big and full of flavor. My husband and I had the sarachi salad and it was ok but after seeing the sandwiches I wished I had ordered one of them. My advice-eat a sandwich if you come here and skip the rest. The service was great as well.

Date of visit: January 2019