“Awesome weekend getaway!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Galena
Tierra Linda Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #20 of 32 Galena B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Went for a weekend of R&R with my boyfriend in Oct. 2013. The entire stay was perfect! The room was quaint and comfortable and everything was immaculately clean. The host, Armando, was great! Armando helped provide a friendly, extremely accommodating atmosphere and definitely made Tierra Linda a place I will be visiting again in the near future. The B&B grounds were absolutely breathtaking. Overall, Tierra Linda is a hidden gem and I definitely recommend it to anyone, including those who want to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city life (and especially those with dogs, as it truly is a pet paradise!). My boyfriend and I truly enjoyed every aspect of our visit and are planning to return in 2014!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 10, 2013

My wife, I, and our almost 3 year old German Shepherd girl had a great two nights in early October to mark the day we met six years ago which also happens to be my birthday. Armando was a great host and is understandably proud and appreciative of the nature he has developed into a diverse 11 acre paradise. We found this place when looking for a last minute July 4th dog friendly place near Galena, but when my wife called then Armando said he was booked. We kept it in mind though, and my wife decided we needed to go. We are glad we did and would return without thinking twice.

Cooking on the wood fire is great. We brought a flank steak and grilled it, and Armando contributed corn tortillas, cilantro, onion, tomato, and lime to help us all enjoy tacos on another level. The grilled steak was fantastic on wood. I was concerned about cooking it correctly as I use a gas grill in the city, but according to my wife it was the best she ever had. We also grilled fresh cut pineapple and had enough for the breakfast fruit the next day.

This is a great, secluded, rural paradise hosted by a very kind "old soul" (not a reference to physical age at all!) I rated it 5 overall because if you are looking for an old, unique, rural B&B (and all that entails) it's exactly what you are hoping for but even better. Add Armando's complete love and respect for dogs and it's over the top.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2013

This place is great, don't come if you're looking for a plush hotel or fancy bed and breakfast, because that's not what you'll get. What you will get on the other hand is something you probably wont get at any other place in the area. Several acres of beautiful rustic property with a man made pond full of fish and a small sandy beach. Plan on bringing food to cook for dinner over the open fire pit. Bring a fishing pole, I caught 6 good sized Largemouth Bass in the two days we were there. Plan on getting your feet a little dirty and enjoying the outdoors. This place is as dog friendly as it gets, Armando even cooked chicken on the open pit grill for the dogs to eat for dinner ! The rooms are nice and comfortable and clean as well as the bathrooms. Armando offers beer and wine, but feel free to bring along some adult and not adult beverages of your choice to enjoy while sitting around the fire pit and relaxing in the house. Every morning Armando cooks a breakfast fit for kings around 9am complete with Bacon, eggs, fruit, hash browns, vegetables, English muffins and coffee. I would not recommend this for people who don't like dogs, and people who are not comfortable enjoying the outdoors and getting a little dusty. For everyone else I would highly recommend this for a nice, quiet, relaxing get away.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2013

When we made a reservation to Tierra Linda we didn't know what to expect, but based on the all positive reviews we gave this place a shot.
I have to say I couldn't agree more with all the positive reviews listed here! We had so much fun and we were able to relax surrounded by the nature that Armando has been able to preserve over the years.
Armando is a great host. He warmly welcomes you in his house and invite you to take advantage of all the beautiful things that Tierra Linda has to offer, from kayaking or swimming in the pond to hiking on the trail. Or just sitting around the fire at night and listen to nature. in the morning Armando will prepare a delicious breakfast for his guests and any leftover will go to the dogs. The dogs! If you are a dog lover you will love this place even more: our beagle had finally the opportunity to run around without a leash (we live in downtown Chicago) and he had a blast playing with Armando's dogs, sweet and beautiful Willow and Chiquita.
If you are looking for a simple, rustic and relaxing place to stay surrounded by the nature in great company, Tierra Linda is for you. Armando with his kind manners and many stories to tell, will welcome and entertain you like an old friend. I wish it was closer to Chicago!
We cannot wait to go back. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Our fourth trip to Tierra Linda, after their initial excitment of leaving for our 3 hour trip to Galena-dogs were sound asleep, it had been one year since we last visited,we were one mile from Armando's B and B on Rocky Hill Rd and suddenly they were awake and whining- They must have been able to smell the good earth! Many B and B's allow dogs- (allow being the operative word) with too many rules- to be kept on leash-yuck, not allowed on furniture- really? , maybe given a dog "treat" and if your dog sleeps in bed with you- ours don't, but we have 3- Armando allows you to bring a quilt to cover the bed. Tierra Linda not only welcomes your dog, but allows them to be a dog- Armando truely enjoys their company and antics, and does everything to make you and your canine companions comfortable. Rustic charm, I already miss the camp fire, and the night sounds of the crickets and tree frogs. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2013

When we first arrived, we received a frendly greeting by Armando and his two dogs. He then proceeded to give my wife, dog (Rosie) and me a tour of his lovely grounds, only after offering us a refreshing beverage to cool off after our drive. We took Rosie off her leash and let her explore the expansive area she would familiarize herself with over the next few days. There were extensive trails for exploring, a pond for swimming and a very cozy home for relaxing.

Armando was a fabulous host! He kept everyone staying at Tierra Linda extremely well fed, including the dogs. Rosie has never been happier! We really felt badly taking her away at the end of the weekend. Tierra Linda is truly a dog's paradise and a wonderful place for the dog's owners to spend a relaxing few days.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Pshandling
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We stayed at this wonderful bed and breakfast when in Galena for a family reunion. Armando was a wonderful host who made a tasty breakfast each morning and provided chips and homemade salsa when we returned in the evening. The rooms were comfortable and relaxing. All in all, Tierra Linda was key in making the family reunion one of our best.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family