Hawk Valley Retreat & Cottages
$71
Country Inn
Best Western Designer Inn & Suites(Galena)(Great Value!)
$73
Ramada Galena Hotel and Day Spa(Galena)(Great Value!)
$72
Stoney Creek Inn(Galena)(Great Value!)
$84
$81
Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa(Galena)(Great Value!)
$179
$174
Travelocity
$89
$86
Orbitz.com
Grant Hills Motel(Galena)(Great Value!)
$59
Travelocity
DeSoto House Hotel(Galena)
Worldmark Galena(Galena)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewsthe main housesomerset cottagehal wendyget awaymy husband and ib bhomemade granolaporch swingbird watchinggarden roompeace and quietback porchwonderful hostsgrounds are beautifulcookiesquichedowntown galena
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Hawk Valley is top notch. It's a little off the beaten path, but it is definitely worth it. The rooms are spectacular and the property is beautiful. If you have a need to get away from reality, Hawk Valley is a dream destination. I can't wait to return.

• Stayed: December 2013
HawkValleyInnkeeper, Owner at Hawk Valley Retreat & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2014

Thank you for traveling a little off the normal path to Hawk Valley. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

I so enjoyed my stay at Hawk Valley Retreat New Year's Eve. From the ambiance and décor of my personal little cottage called "The Pines" to the amazing breakfast and dinner, Hal and Wendy made my visit even more special with the chocolate chip cookies found in my room which added a special touch of hospitality. Thank you Hal & Wendy! I'll be sure to stay again!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

So happy that you braved the questionable weather and came to stay with us here at Hawk Valley Retreat. Enjoyed having you and having the time to visit. Hope that 2014 turns out to be your best year yet. Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit...perhaps a little warmer next time.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

My husband and I spent the weekend after our 19th wedding anniversary at the Hawk Valley Retreat & Cottages in one of the cottages. It was a wonderful relaxing weekend away. The property is gorgeous, the hosts were welcoming and wonderful to chat with over breakfast. They provided us with an outstanding dinner in our cottage and let us alone to just hide away for the weekend. It was an outstanding rejuvenating weekend.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We are so happy that our retreat provide you with a relaxing and rejuvenating anniversary weekend. Sometimes all it takes to be rejuvenated is a short time away from the daily grind. Thanks for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

You will think you have stepped out of the now-a-day world and crossed over into the quiet, peaceful, fresh and wondrous beauty of a time and place all your own.... If you've ever wondered about or missed the sounds, smells and calm of nature; this piece of heaven will take you there. No excuse for not getting back in touch with a slower pace. It's right here. Waiting. :)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Thanks so much for your kind words. We love it when families travel together...the more the merrier! Looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

My fiancee and I went here the day we got engaged, he surprised me with a trip to Galena and we stayed at Hawk Valley Retreat. We had the most amazing time; Wendy and Hal couldn't have been nicer. We went out in downtown one night, and left our car (had a bit to drink), the next morning after breakfast Wendy happily drove us to the car and was so fun to chat with on the drive. The cabin we stayed in was very clean, comfortable and the jacuzzi was perfect. Wendy is a great chef too! I would highly recommend this resort to anyone looking to getaway to Galena. We will be back!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
HawkValleyInnkeeper, Owner at Hawk Valley Retreat & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

We always love to celebrate special events with our guests and new engagements are no exception. Our best to you both. Alas, I must confess...Hal is the cook...I am merely the sous-chef...We look forward to seeing you again soon.