“Beauitful”
Review of Goldmoor Inn

Goldmoor Inn
Ranked #6 of 32 Galena B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 26, 2009

My boyfriend took me to the Goldmoor Inn as a suprise getaway weekend. I was awe struck when we first drove up to the Inn. It reminded me of a castle. The decor was elegant and no expense appeared to be spared on their part. The service was excellant and we felt welcomed from the moment we arrived. He couldnt have picked a better place for us to stay in Galena.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 4, 2009

My husband took our little lap dog and me for a short weekend getaway to Galena. We picked the Goldmoor Inn, as it was close to town, looked stunning on the pictures, and would allow us to bring our dog for the weekend. The Inn was truly as spectacular as the images on the website - the grounds were beautiful, they left fresh cookies in our room daily, rooms were clean, and the included breakfasts were delicious. It was the perfect birthday weekend, and the Inn Staff helped us plan our weekend and made our stay wonderful. I would highly recommend to anyone!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank abpetrovic
Reviewed July 23, 2009

We have found a wonderful place to relax and forget all the troubles of the real world. This place is so beautiful inside and out. We have never experienced such a quiet get away, ever.
The rooms are decorated just so, and the color schemes of the rooms are just warm and homey. You can't help but feel relaxed at this resort. The beds have to be some of the most comfortable we've ever had, and the sheets are just wonderful.
We had the King Arthur room the first night, then the Mississippi Room the second night, we loved both rooms equally as well, they are both so different, as for colors and themes, but they both did the trick as far as giving us a romantic getaway.
The breakfast was wonderful, especially having brought to our room every morning. The food was wonderful every morning.
The Goldmoor Inn is a wonderful place for a romantic getaway. It is so peaceful, and the views are spectacular. Overlooking the Mississippi is breathtaking, you will love every minute of this place.
Patricia helped us with the check in, and was wonderful. All the staff was very helpful and friendly at all times. The cleanliness of this bed and breakfast surpasses all places we have ever been.
Just a wonderful place for relaxing.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2009

We stayed at the Goldmoor over a holiday weekend, and it was just like a slice of heaven on earth. We didn't want to leave! The scenery was breathtaking, the grounds were immaculate, and our cabin had all the comforts of home -- plus a number of thoughtful little extras we'd normally expect to find in a world-class resort.

When we checked in, we were greeted with a personalized sheet showing the weather forecast for the next two days, and the following morning's breakfast menu (we received a new sheet each morning). There was also an invaluable room binder containing a surprisingly comprehensive array of dining and entertainment recommendations, put together by the inn staff themselves. And we were so impressed with the professional decor in each of the guest quarters. Besides the individually-themed suites inside the inn itself, there are three separate cottages and two separate log cabins, all with an entirely unique theme and color scheme. It seemed like not a single detail of the ambience had been overlooked. It was like staying in a professionally-decorated miniature house, not just a "room". And while the log cabins are pet-friendly, you'd never guess -- housekeeping made sure everything remained impeccably fresh and spotless.

The Goldmoor served up a very satisfying hot breakfast each morning, and we were given the choice of having this delivered to our cabin. This is a huge help if traveling with pets and/or small children -- they set everything up at your breakfast table and then leave you in peace, so you can eat in the comfort of your own room.

The staff was professional, courteous, quiet, and incredibly efficient. They have a full library of DVDs and games that you can check out for a quiet evening or a rainy day, and the wonderfully helpful Rita once even pulled a replica remote control from behind the front desk to demonstrate how our TV could be programmed! We have truly found a rare country gem in the Goldmoor.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2009

Guys, If you are searching for a special place that you Wife / Partner will like I recomend the Goldmoor. This place was very peaceful. The Goldmoor is located away from the town of Galena by a few miles. When we arrived I noticed that there was no noise! Just birds and wildlife. The train passes once in a while but it is also relaxing. (Not like my cousin vinny movie LOL) The breakfest in the morning was excellent! There is a beautiful view of the Mississippi River. The room I stayed in was the Covington. This room is on the ground level facing the river. The room was really nice (see pictures). The only thing I noticed was the radio speakers did not work. Didnt bother me much. The sheets are the high thread count and you can tell. The Jaccuzi tub is really big. They let you use games, CDs, DVDs, bikes, etc. If I sum it up it is a nice place to take your lady. Most men are unsure when planning a special getaway.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2009

We had a peaceful and romantic time at the Goldmoor. The rooms are well appointed and clean. The screened in porch was fantastic.In the morning we listened to the sound of the rooster and other birds. In the evening the cool breeze and sound of the crickets were relaxing. The service and breakfasts were outstanding. We enjoyed hiking and seeing the overlooks at Mississippi Palisades State park , the riverwalk in Dubuque and national treasure Jim Post as Mark Twain at the Trolley Theatre in Galena. Pre -trip communication with the staff was prompt and very helpful.Thank you for helping to make our 25th anniversary special!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2009

We had a wonderful time at Goldmoor. Everyone on site was nice and helpful. I planned on asking my girlfriend to marry me and they helped with some small details. When I was looking at different places to stay this inn was very helpful and communicated well. In the end my girlfriend loved the room and location. The best part was she said yes when I asked her to marry me. You just have to have a spa visit. It was great as well.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple