“So pleased!”

Cuisines: French, German
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 1, 2014 via mobile

The atmosphere was very European. Low lights, no ice, the seating...everything. We had a very relaxing lunch. I had escargot, monsieur crepe with a salad and dressing to die for. My husband had a one time only roast beef sandwich. Our meals were delicious. The service was great and we were there at about 2pm so the place was a little empty, much to our advantage. We will definitely be back.

2  Thank awillett5

Reviewed August 31, 2014 via mobile

Our experience here was terrible. The service is very slow and we had two entrees with well done steak when we ordered medium rare steaks. How do you cook steak to well done when it's been ordered to medium rare? Stay away.

1  Thank Anna S
Reviewed August 30, 2014 via mobile

We went to have some German or Alsatian fare. They have a very good selection of European beer and wine but I was disappointed that their German wine selection was sparse. My wife started with the escargot which came warm but not hot and not as tasty as you might think. My mushroom soup was good and served warm. Her cassoulet was very good and came hot. There was very tender duck quarter and very tasty sausage along with a nice broth. I had the Vienna Schnitzel which was ok. The spaetzel needed to be pan- fried. The red cabbage was good. I thought the schnitzel had too much breeding. We were happy with our choice to eat here. The atmosphere was special and dining room nicely appointed. The kitchen seemed a little slow. We would go back.

1  Thank Bobby44881
Reviewed August 28, 2014

Charming and unpretentious and DELICIOUS. A mixture of French and German cuisine; my daughters binged on mussels in a champagne/cream sauce, with fresh, warm french bread on the side. I enjoyed salmon over tender green beans and we all savored the frites. They have a vast beer selection (just cruise along the walls to see what they have available) and I enjoyed one of the best wines I've ever had - can't wait to find it locally.

1  Thank HandyAndi53
Reviewed August 24, 2014

We stopped here for a late lunch/early supper.

I had steak frites, a delicious, perfectly cooked flat iron steak dressed with herb butter and accompanied what can only be described as a mountain of thinly sliced fries.

My wife had split pea soup made with sausage rather than the usual ham. She loved it.

Been to Fritz and Frites? Share your experiences!