“Delicious food, great service!”
Review of Fritz and Frites

Fritz and Frites
Ranked #4 of 65 Restaurants in Galena
Cuisines: French, German
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Last night we had dinner at Fritz and Frites and it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience. We started with the pate for my husband, which was really tasty, and I had the baked brie with apples and leeks. What a warm and comforting Fall appetizer, especially with the delicious French bread that was brought to our table, and readily replenished. My husband had weiner schnitzel - tender and crispy veal served with spaetzl and red cabbage. His only complaint was that the cabbage was rather tart, like sauerkraut. We're from Milwaukee and the German restaurants there make red cabbage that is more sweet/sour and that's what we prefer. I had a marvelous roast chicken with frites. So tender, well seasoned, and juicy and perfect with the crispy hot frites! For dessert I had the profiteroles with ice cream. Very good. Our server, Nellie, was courteous, efficient, and friendly. We highly recommend this restaurant for anyone coming to Galena!

Reviewed September 14, 2013

An intimate place at the end of downtown. A nice selection of German and American dishes. We particularly like stopping for a late lunch. A friendly and attentive staff. Great home made soups (their tomato basil is to die for), sandwiches, and a fine selection of wines and imported beers (try the Fischer from France). They make the best BLT that I have ever had in my life! Obviously, one of my favorites. Don't forget an order of frites!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Getting ready to leave town and stopped in for lunch. I had a steak sandwich that was amazing. My girlfriend had a turkey sandwich. Expecting just turkey and cheese we were both pleasantly surprised. A moist and flavorful breast with a lingonberry sauce, yum... F&F is highly recommended.

Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

I recently ate at fritz and frites for the first time with my family and we just loved it. The food was excellent, our sever was very attentive and the atmosphere was wonderful. I would absolutely eat here if you are in galena!!

Reviewed September 11, 2013

We chose Fritz and Frites to try something different. A very lovely little 'bistro' style place; nice decor, nice music, good service....but, food was just okay. I probably would not return. It wasn't bad, but usually when I am eating out, I want to be 'moved' by the food and I wasn't. I was 'moved' by the ambiance and decor...I loved it, but the food was just okay.

Been to Fritz and Frites? Share your experiences!