“Wonderful food and a fun place to eat!”
Review of Fritz and Frites

Fritz and Frites
Ranked #4 of 65 Restaurants in Galena
Cuisines: French, German
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We came for lunch and were delighted to find that you could order off both the lunch and dinner menus. The two of us split everything because we wanted to sample a variety of dishes. We started out with the charcutterie, which was the best I have tasted since I was last in France. Then we had a lovely spinach salad, before eating the mussels. The half-order of mussels mariniere were lovely and just as good as any I have had in Montreal, where they know their mussels and broths. By this time we were quite full so I can't comment on desserts or entrees, but we look forward to trying those when we come back.

1  Thank gypsytraveler14

Reviewed July 8, 2013

. This is a small restaurant with good food and excellent wine list. Service was excellent; they made you feel at home. The soup was the best seafood chowder I have ever had. The entrées were ample in size presented nicely and tasted very good. Will go back when we return to Galena.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We were hungry for lunch when we got into town. Our room at the inn was not ready and we knew we wanted to shop. So we parked and went to the first restaurant we saw. Glad we did. My husband had the pot roast sandwich. Plenty of it. I had a BLT croissant. It was very buttery, delicious. Like none I've ever tasted. Will go back and highly recommend for service and food.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

We are all too familiar with new style eateries where kitchen and customer sounds are amplified and annoying. This is not one of them. A nice respite from busy and jostling Main St. Surprised and pleased we could even order off dinner menu when we stopped for lunch. Should have asked for frites, other tables were getting them in lovely nested mounds. We were all about cliches. I got quiche and spouse French onion soup and ham and gruyere on pretzel croissant. Quiche came with a nice salad, slice of watermelon and a crusty loaf. And the cliches were well done!

Reviewed June 29, 2013

This is truly one of the best meals I have ever eaten. I was genuinely smiling while I was eating! It was amazing. I had the Rindsrouladen and Frisee salad. Both were extraordinary!! The flavors were sublime. The service is lovely as well. This place is absolutely on my list for when I come back to Galena!

Been to Fritz and Frites? Share your experiences!