“Highly recommended”

Cuisines: French, German
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 26, 2012

We had an absolutely outstanding meal here.
We started with brie and mussels. I then moved to the German side and had pork schnitzel. She had the talapia on ratatuoille. We then split the prunes. What a pleasant surprise those were. We will be back soon and recommend it to all.
Wonderful service and attention too.

There are newer reviews for Fritz and Frites

Reviewed January 20, 2012

My husband and I shared a romantic dinner there on a Saturday night. The place is small.. (note: Not a family friendly destination) However it is incredibly charming and quaint. You truly feel as you have been transported to a Bistro in France. We ordered the W.Shnitzel and it was huge, but delicious ! The Spatzel ( noodles were great) but I prefer a sweeter red cabbage and theirs was more tart with vinegar. My husband had Beef with vegetables and it was equally as wonderful. We would recommend this place if you are looking for that special place that is a bit out of the norm. I would recommend making reservations if at all possible. Prices are average for Galena but you get a good size portion. Service was a touch slow ....like in Paris... but nothing to run from.

Reviewed January 19, 2012

We have been there many times over the last year. The food is excellent. We always start with escargot or mussells. Very tastey and fresh. I had the 1/2 chicken last time and it was really good. The hangover steak is a favorite of my grandson. Ask for the special french fries. They are truly different. Price was comparable to other places in Galena of this quality.

Reviewed January 4, 2012

The menu is pretty specific to the type of cuisine, so if you don't like it, tread with caution. Order the BLT croissant and a mimosa while you sit at the window on an easy Sunday afternoon, and you;ll know why we all fall in love with this place.

Ambiance is amazing. Service was inconsistent for quite some time, but I think the owner has a great crew in there right now!

Reviewed January 2, 2012

We are in Galena a lot as we have family in the area. When we first discovered this place we were intrigued by it's name. It was lunch time and we were the only people there. The waiter suggested the roasted chicken, warning us that it does take extra time. We had the time so that's what we went with and we were not disappointed. Love the frites(potato)that came with it. So we had plans to spend New Years Eve in Galena and had reservations here. Again, we were not disappointed. I had the special they were running that night, the pork medallions with a potato gnocchi. A knife was provided but not needed. This dish melted in your mouth. It was a little embarrassing with all the moaning going on over this dish.lol. Everyone at our table loved their dishes too. You have got to give this place try. We were afraid that it's north end location might be the kiss of death, but the north end of Galena main street is becoming a gastromical delight!