Review Highlights
Popcorn and much more!

Let me start by saying that I absolutely LOVE these types of stores! So many varieties of popcorn... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
juliefE2787NV
New Lenox, Illinois
via mobile
yummy

popcorn, fudge, licorice and cotton candy. wish i could have gotten more,maybe next time, the aroma... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
lor35805
Chicago, Illinois

All reviews caramel corn fudge free samples cotton candy popcorn flavors birthday cake small bag unique flavors an ice cream shop free deal offering samples salt water taffy huge bags memphis bbq many choices fun shop main street galena
Selected filters
Reviewed December 29, 2018 via mobile

My 8 year old loves popcorn more than normal. Stopping here on our way home was always the plan. The bag he got was much larger than ours were. There were tons of choices. Great place to visit again and again!

Date of experience: December 2018
Reviewed December 2, 2018

Stopped in here on Black Friday. Place was packed as was the rest of Galena. Popcorn smell was great, who doesn't like the smell of popcorn? Almost every flavor of popcorn to choose from that you can think of, however, it's pricey at $7 for a small bag. They were offering a free bag if you bought 2 or 3 that day but honestly I didn't want to spend $20 or more for a few bags of popcorn. We bought one bag and enjoyed it on our road trip home. Was a little disappointed in that they didn't let a try a taste of the flavor we bought and only had a few sample flavors to choose from.

Date of experience: November 2018
1  Thank Southwest_Gaucho
Reviewed October 20, 2018 via mobile

My family and I visit Galena every year for the craft show. This popcorn place is, hands down, my favorite popcorn store! Super busy but every single employee is cheerful and super helpful and nice. The owner, Dave Lewis, makes sure that you try a sample! His loud contagious presence makes you want to try everything! We left there with 4 bags! Cannot wait to visit next year.

Reviewed October 18, 2018

Like flies drawn to honey (or manure), people simply cannot resist entering the Great American Popcorn Company. And, yes, it's a fun place. Entertaining to see the mountains of popcorn and sample till you're sick. You'll almost surely also be compelled to buy a bag or two of the sweet and sticky stuff. From my perspective, though, the popcorn is grossly overpriced (most flavor as more than $7 a bag). And, it's really not that good. People seem to get caught up in the excitement of seeing the piles of popcorn, but frankly, the taste isn't all the great.

Reviewed October 15, 2018

The smells drew me into this delightful store. Soooo many flavors and you can sample any of them before you buy. It was seriously hard to decide which flavors to get, the Tiger Butter and Memphis BBQ were particularly good. Super friendly and efficient service. Will definitely be stopping in, next time we are in town, awesome, fun place.