“5/10”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I rate the Prime Rib I had a 5/10. After asking several locals about the best steak place. Most all replied, The Log Cabin. When we drove past it I was not impressed. I wasn't sure about a Greek steak house. Still people spoke highly of the place. After reading the reviews, both good and not so good, we decided to try it. While the indoors was a throwback....the food was only a 5/10. As others said, the salad was watery, the steak was only average. I did get a kick out of the relish tray and enjoyed the spreadable cheese and bread/crackers. If you want good atmosphere and have some drinks maybe the food won't matter...I wanted a 10/10 steak..

Write a ReviewReviews (1,144)

Reviewed May 11, 2013

A recent visit to the Log Cabin provided my wife and I with a memorable dining experience. This is a genuine steakhouse in the true sense of the word. The atmosphere takes you back to the traditional old steakhouses of Chicago or New York....it hasn't lost a bit of it's charm. The bar sevice was top notch. A nice relish tray preceded the meal. Soup was something you wanted to linger over, but it didn't seem to last that long. I was recommended a very reasonably priced wine by the glass, that was surprisingly good, and paired well with the main attraction....the beef. My wife had a New York cut, prepared Greek style. I had the prime rib. Both were masterfully prepared. We were almost afraid to order dessert, not wanting to take a chance of ruining a flawless meal with a subpar dessert. We did split a raspberry swirl cheesecake and all I can say is "wow". The Log Cabin has been a longtime fixture on the Galena dining circuit, and for good reason. While in Galena, treat yourself with a visit to one of the greats.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Our first time dining here. We had the prime rib special. Very tender and tasty. We very much enjoyed the Greek fries and the onion rings are light and crisp. Our server, Irving, was very attentive and prompt and had a very upbeat personality. Would definitely dine here again.

Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

My sister and I shared a filet mignon. They split it wonderfully between us and it was so much food. All the sides and salad that come with it as well as the relish tray. Service was outstanding. The atmosphere was perfect.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Aside from incredible food, the atmosphere and attitude of the Log Cabin are a living kick-back to great Chicago style steakhouses of the past, minus the cigarette smoke! We're talking relish trays, buns and garlic bread sticks, salad, and chops to die for. To top that off, the management made sure to give each patron a personal "thanks" before they left. Good times and great memories just came back to life.