“Over Rated”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 22, 2011

Everyone kept recommending Log Cabin so we decided to give it a try. I don't know if its because we are from Chicago and spoiled by the mass of great steakhouses, but i was not thrilled with this restaurant. My mom got the skewered filet which was very tough and over cooked. Although the portion was enough to eat for my mom, the price is too high for the portions you get. I got the filet and shrimp cooked medium rare. It came out more medium well and never really tasted the steak as it was covered with some sort of sauce that tasted like some kind of onion/mushroom au jus. The shrimp were large but the coating tasted like a funnel cake, kind of sweet and doughy. My daughter got the perch and it was so thin and small she finished within 10 minutes. Service was ok but I would not recommend as I felt it was way over priced and unimpressive. Go down the street to Ayala's instead

1  Thank kimt21
Write a ReviewReviews (1,163)

Reviewed June 20, 2011

Don't let the name mislead you, it really is a Greek restaurant! We all loved our meals. The bread was surprisingly delicious. I ordered the greek salad instead of the house and it was fabulous. The guys had the rib eye steaks cooked the greek way and devoured every bite. I had the steak skewer prepared the greek way and it was divine. My sister-in-law had the seafood platter and enjoyed it, but probably not as much as the rest of us enjoyed our steaks. The waiter was excellent. We came back another night just to sit at the bar for a drink and listen to the piano player

1  Thank sukay
Reviewed June 2, 2011

Where do I begin? I LOVE this restaurant. I went there once in 2009 on a whim and have been itching to go back for more.
The host was very cordial to us even though we were not dressed in an upscale manner. We had only a very short wait for a table, and during that time the bartender was very attentive about getting us drinks.
Once we were seated we immediately received refills, relish tray, bread, and menus. The waitress was very helpful in answering our questions about the various options (we were unfamiliar with some of the styles of cooking).
I ordered Steak Diane, and my b/f ordered Chopped Steak. It was cooked exactly as we ordered it, drinks were refilled immediately, and the service was so awesome. I feel that this place is definitely worth the slightly higher price tag because you really get great service there.
I did notice some less positive reviews on the list. When we were there (two days ago) they had a lot of waitstaff in training, so the quality of service might be going way up very soon, not that it could get much better :)

Reviewed May 2, 2011

We went with a group of friends on a Saturday night after one of the couples recommended this restaurant from previous experience. Loved the atmosphere and decor--dark and rustic but tasteful and updated. We ordered drinks and had great attentive servers until after our order was taken. Didn't see wait staff much after that.
I ordered the beef kabobs for $20, my husband ordered the seafood jamboree for about the same amount. Rolls/crackers, relish tray were provided before the meal and were good. Salad was good. But when we got our meals, I couldn't believe how small the portions were for the price! I got one kabob. My husband's seafood portions were tiny (his baked potato was bigger than the amount of seafood he got). Others in our group got steak, which they said was very good. Prime rib was good.
I don't think you get as much as you should for what you pay--steaks are all over $20 each, with many in the upper $20 range.
This would not be our first choice for a restaurant next time. Too expensive for not nearly enough food!

Reviewed April 21, 2011

I think my kids would have had 15 orders of saganaki had I let them. I love that they light up the night by still lighting up the goat cheese. Between the cheese 3 orders, 2 orders of shishkabobs, and Greek potatoes, I left there with two very happy boys and a happy me as well.
Ask for Jeremy P if you want a class A server.

Been to Log Cabin Restaurant? Share your experiences!