“Great food, but weird vibe”
Review of Perry Street Brasserie - CLOSED

Perry Street Brasserie
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Perry Street
Bloomington, Illinois
“Great food, but weird vibe”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

The experience is hard to describe. There is no doubt the food is great, and the chef is talented. Our food was delicious. It was the general feel of the restaurant and the staff that kind of left us with a weird feeling, like we wanted to leave sooner than later, which is weird, because everyone was super nice.

Maybe it was just us. Like I said, the food was great. Expensive ($6 for 1 potato croquet?) but great.

Visited September 2013

Decatur, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wow”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Be sure you have reservations because this place is small...but the food is unique, beautifully presented, and amazing! It's worth a trip to Galena just to eat here. Be sure to save room for dessert because the chocolate (can't remember what they called it) was heaven in a small cup.

• Visited September 2013
“Best meals of my life”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I'll be brief because other reviewers have said everything already. Intimate place, great folks serving the freshest, most delicious apps, entrees and desserts I've had anywhere, ever (and I'm pushing 50 and travel quite a bit). My wife and I always eat here and every time I say it is the best meal I've ever had. We typically go on a non-weekend night, when the place is quiet and the chef has time to mingle and chat about the food, etc. It's really a great experience. Basically, if you go to Galena, and can afford this type of place, you are an idiot to pass it up.

Do get an appetizer and also dessert. I rarely do at other restaurants, but here it is a must. I wish it was closer to home, but if it was, I'd never be able to get a reservation I'm sure.

• Visited October 2012
Oak Brook, Illinois
“Wonderfully Unique!”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

The service was excellent. (Thanks Matthew!) The food was uniquely prepared and wonderfully flavorful. We will definitely dine here again.

Visited September 2013
Schaumburg, IL
“6th Time - Equally Fantastic”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is the 6th Labor Day Weekend in a row that my wife & I have gone to Perry St. Brasserie for our anniversary with a small group of friends. Every year, every single course of our meal and the service that we receive at Perry St. is nothing short of fantastic. I cannot say enough good things about Chef Steve and his entire staff.

Perry Street Brasserie may seem pricey to some, but I assure you every bite of your meal is worth it from the appetizers to the desserts. Everyone of the six people in our group were ranting and raving about their meals like usual. My steak tenderloin could have been cut with my fork. The crab legs were delicious as well. As usual with our group the Potato Croquets side dish was quite popular. A couple of us had the mushrooms on the side as well. Both side dishes sauces were amazing. I don't believe a drop was left behind.

Make sure you have dessert too! If you only choose one dessert go with chocolate cup filled with chocolate ganache. The Queen's Dessert which has bananas in it is also another favorite of our group. Honestly, you are doing yourself a disservice if you only try one dessert here because our group tried them all and they were all quite wonderful!

Since 2008, I have referred many people to eat at Perry St. Brasserie based on our experiences and I've lost count how many times people have come back to me and said that it was quite possibly the best meal they have ever had. Do yourself a favor, if you go to Galena, IL do not miss out on this restaurant.

• Visited August 2013