“Decent Choice”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Benjamin's - CLOSED

Benjamin's
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Breakfast, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Minneapolis, MN
“Decent Choice”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

We had lunch here while out shopping Galena's main street. Both of us had burgers and found them to be tasty as well as the french fries were good. Service was fast, there was only one server but he kept up fine. This wouldn't be my first choice to dine at next time, but overall it's a decent choice. I found the prices to be reasonable.

• Visited May 2013

Dubuque, Iowa, United States
“Long wait, moldy cheese”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husband and I were on a date and decided to stop by Benjamin's for a romantic dinner. Unfortunately, it was anything but! The service wasn't good, our waiter was nowhere to be found most of the time. I only ordered a salad but it took forever for our food to get to the table. When it finally did arrive, the cheese on the salad tasted a bit off and my husband wasn't impressed with his food either. Definitely not worth the price we paid! We won't be coming back.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Jaime C
Owatonna, Minnesota
“great start to a fun night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

We started our ghost tour here. Service was fast and bartenders were very friendly. We had a app. that was some sort of bean dip that was very good.

Visited May 2013
Rockford, Illinois
“Not real impressed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

Stopped for lunch while geocaching in Galena. My wife and I orderd hamburgers. They appeared to be premade frozen hamburgers and were not very good. I would not eat there again.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Edwin C
Michigan
“Worst meal ever!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

Save your money and eat elsewhere. This was the only bad meal we had while on a weekend visit to Galena. The food took forever to be delivered and when it was stone cold and awful. The owner finally did come to our table after repeated requests and then tried to blame the waiter verydisappointing. We did get part of the meals removed from bill but left hungry angry and an hour and a half wasted. There are a number of good restaurants in Galena but this is not one of them!

• Visited April 2013