“Good wholesome food”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Benjamins is a bar restaurant with friendly staff and good food.
Do not expect gourmet dining but value for money

Reviewed August 9, 2012

We have eaten at Benjamin's a variety of times over the past 10 years. While they have added new sandwiches, appetizers, etc. to their menu, they are STILL charging extra for substitutions. Even though a choice of potatoes was available if one ordered a rather overpriced dinner entree, no substitutions could be made for french fries without an additional fee when ordering a sandwich.

The Sloppy Joe sliders were a bit salty, but OK. My husband's BBQ pulled pork sandwich was very good. Of course, both sandwiches came with rather greasy thin fries...no substitutions without additional charge.

The server was friendly, but being new, was still learning just how much time to spend at a table talking with the guests. However, he was trying very hard to please.

Galena is a town with fairly overpriced EVERYTHING, but I would hope after being in business for years, Benjamin's would at least substitute a different potato without charging extra.

Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

We were there for lunch on a Friday. It was delish. I had the ruebin and it was one of the best I have had. The place is comfortable and the drinks are good. I recommend it.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Moderate at best. We sat in the window and had lunch and drinks. I ordered a bloody mary that was not very tasty - guess I should have had the one with shrimp.
Our server was great - he took extra time to explain the menu and features of the restaurant. He was funny and entertaining too.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Cold food. Not served as offered: no coleslaw or lettuce/tomato/pickle/onion for sandwiches. Charged $11 for steak sandwich that had less flavor than concession food. Steak sandwich did not have green peppers as menu stated. French fries were greasy and cold and no flavor. Way overpriced!! $60 for four sandwiches and two cokes is ridiculous...especially when the quality was extremely lacking. I have never written a review before, but felt I should warn others. I live near Galena and will be telling everyone I know. They were not too busy to help us. We were the only customers in the restaurant at the time...maybe that should have been a clue!

3  Thank czbp