“Love this place!”

Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Galena
Iowa
“Love this place!”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We visit Galena often and stay here most of the time. Rooms are comfortable and the setting is peaceful. I especially like the fact that they've been upgrading before furnishings and carpet get worn, They're putting a lot of effort into going green. I've read several reviews with people complaining about water output in the shower because Longhollow put devices on faucets to reduce water consumption. I do the same thing at home so this is not a big deal.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from the parking lot are more serene.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank IowaWineWoman

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Waukegan, Illinois
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Our room was very comfortable and we enjoyed the many amenities! The pool And hot tub were clean and at a comfortable temperature, the game room and sports center were clean and well equipped. Mostly, we enjoyed how the staff was so friendly and made us feel right at home! We very much hope to be back again soon!

Room Tip: If available, ask for a room with a view of the valley.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cindy T
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We went in these hotel a couple of times, just to have some peaceful and bonding time with my family, the room was excellent, but the water is brown in the tub, We complained it to the front desk but she said we will let it run for 5 minutes, we even run it for15 min. ,still the same,it was so disappointing, I just hope that they can fix these problem.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Marie Jo D
Evanston, Illinois
Reviewed November 10, 2011

We have stayed here several times. Front best staff are wonderful, helpful, and always willing to make things right. The rooms are clean, bright, large. The chain has gone green, not a bad idea but they have gone too far. Water hard, water saving shower heads make taking a shower a chore. Not enough water to rinse soap off. Front desk said that was their biggest complaint.
Still best value.

• Stayed November 2011
6 Thank WeloveB-Bs
iowa
Reviewed October 4, 2011

My husband and I decided to go to Galena for his birthday weekend. We checked in to the Longhollow Point Inn and were immediately impressed. The setting is beautiful, the room was clean and updated, there was a large whirlpool tub and gas fireplace.

I thought it was a bit odd that the bed was a Murphy bed and had to be unfolded from the wall, but it seemed comfortable enough that it didn't matter.

I was excited to try out the enormous tub, started to fill it up, and was disappointed when the water was a murky brown! I let the water run for a while and it just got worse. After giving up on the bath, we went to sleep, only to hear entire conversations from the adjoining rooms. I've never been in a hotel with such thin walls. I woke up several times during the night from noises in the hall or other rooms, didn't want to take a shower in brown water or make coffee with the brown water and checked out feeling tired and in need of a shower.

Although the resort had some definite positives, I wouldn't return.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
12 Thank cmw133
Lincoln, Illinois
Reviewed July 10, 2010

We just got back from our trip to Galena. We were there for a week and had an amazing time! We used a week of a family timeshare and exchanged it for this resort. Longhollow Point Inn was a beautiful resort with an indoor swimming pool and spa. The rooms were recently remodeled and very cozy. I could see it being a great romantic getaway, there is a fireplace and a Jacuzzi tub. We went with our 20 month old son though and still had a wonderful time. It was great to be able to cook some meals there and save money. There was also a washer and dryer in the room and that was very convenient. We stayed in a one bedroom, the studio rooms don't have a washer and dryer but there is one on site to use for free. The only thing I would change would be that I wish they had more TV stations. I think it was just a basic 12 or 13 channels. The resort did have movies though that we could rent and that was great. The people at the front desk were so helpful. Stacy gave me loads of info on all the attractions and restaurants. I would love to go back sometime in the winter too.

Very pleased :)

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Love2Travel_0899
Lockport, IL
Reviewed September 12, 2009

The first thing we noticed about the hotel was that is was extremely clean. The staff was very nice and helpful about restaurants and sites to see. We stayed in a studio which was enough space for my husband and I. The whirlpool tub was great and plenty big. The fireplace was such a nice touch to the room. I read reviews about being able to see through the bathroom, but they have a wooden screen that you put up when you are using the bathroom, so that wasn't a big deal at all. I am not sure if they made those later after hearing all the complaints about it. The only complaint that we had was that the shower was extremely small. We are pretty small people ourselves and we had a hard time. There is no where to put anything in there and you can barely move around. It could have been a little bigger considering the bathroom is huge. Overall very nice place to stay, very quiet, and would definitely go again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple