“Nothing Special”

Rendezvous Coffee & Tea
Lake In The Hills
“Nothing Special”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I thought it would be more like a Starbuck's with different coffees or beans. I only saw 1 rack of coffee and lots of different teas.

Visited November 2013

Iowa City, Iowa
“Best Coffee in Galena”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Coffee here has always been good. The prices here are fair; they seem expensive compared to the other places in town, but they deliver on their quality. I love the atmosphere inside the shop, and they always have interesting art on the wall.

• Visited May 2013
“We won't go back”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We decided to give this coffee shop a try during our last stay in Galena. I ordered an Americano for my wife and a macchiato for myself. The Americano was fine; however, my macchiato was lukewarm at best. After finishing it, I decided to say something to the barista (I assume the owner) behind the counter. I told him my drink wasn't hot and asked him if he warmed the cup before drawing the shots into it. He stated he took the cup from the top of the machine where it should have been hot. But he offered no word like "sorry it wasn't hot" or an offer to make me another drink (there was no one waiting at all). I had to step out for a call and woman sitting there ridiculed me as "one of those" and the man agreed (as my wife watched unbeknownst to them). So bottom line: we won't be back!!

• Visited August 2013