“Fun with great tour guide Oct 25 2013”

Amelia's Galena Ghost Tours, Inc.
Ranked #2 of 12 Tours in Galena
More attraction details
Owner description: Come experience one or all of our tours. Wine, shuttle bus, history, or haunted dinners!! Come aboard our luxury shuttle bus and experience haunted Galena. Explore three haunted locations with one of our guides and learn about the legends and lore that still haunt Galena... We also offer vineyard tours, haunted dinners, haunted pub crawls and old Tyme photos!!
Iowa City, Iowa, United States
“Fun with great tour guide Oct 25 2013”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

We had a great time, This is meant for fun!!! That is what we had! Galena is a great place to visit and Amelia's Pub Crawl a goodtime. Definitely checking out her bus tour our next visit:)

Chicago, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tour Oct. 25 was super spooky!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

Went on the tour Friday, Oct. 25. It was super spooky! There was one indoor place we went to (the restaurant 11 Main) and two outside places we went to (the cemetery and the old poor farm, and old insane asylum). It was crazy windy at the poor farm. It was like the spirits were waiting for us.

Our guide showed us how to use the ghost hunting equipment, and how to interact with spirits who were trying to get our attention. At the cemetery the rods started moving! It was freaky!

Others on the tour got orbs in their pictures at the cemetery, but we forgot to bring a camera. Next time we're bringing a camera!

Virden, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Disappointed with haunted pub crawl...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

My husband I were disappointed with the haunted pub crawl. Amelia and her husband were great and we enjoyed stories. It just was not what we expected. It was more of ghost stories than a pub crawl. We went on our first pub crawl a couple years ago and I guess we were expecting something similar. This pub crawl takes you behind the scenes of the bar/pub (in their empty rooms). There was not much of a selection for drinks at one stop if you don't drink beer. Another stop was not convenient to get another drink if you wanted to hear the stories...the bar was downstairs. Our first pub crawl cost us the same amount and we received a tshirt and a free drink at each stop. We were able to have 2-3 more drinks at each stop. This may be something to consider to make this one a better pub crawl..then the bartenders can have the drinks ready for a big group. We just did not enjoy this for the $100 we spent. We do not drink often and was looking forward to a pub crawl.

5 Thank Amybiv
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Average time ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

My family and I took the 740 tour and we're really excited! My fiancé and I are really interested in the paranormal and were excited to visit some paranormal "hot spots". However, we were slightly disappointed. The drive around town was interesting and very informative. Jay, the guide and our driver were very nice. The first stop was the cemetery. The stories about it where are interesting as it got. We could only stand at the gate-I understand trespassing issues but I assumed there was some deal with the town that if we stayed on a path, we could enter. It was difficult to have any experience when were all lumped in a group along the fence. The second stop was the Poor Farm-an old insane asylum. I was super excited for that visit but when we found out it was just an open field, I was disappointed. And again, we could only stand along the fence and look in. Our guide did a little skit and the historical significance of it, I found interesting. Once again, I thought we would be able to walk around. It is just a field. The last stop was at One Eleven Main and surprisingly enough, that was one of the most interesting since we were actually able to walk around the building of the old funeral parlor.
While none of us saw or felt any paranormal activity, I thought it would be a little more involved or "hands on". The equipment was a little useless since we weren't really close enough to any of the actual sites. My fiancé and I knew about the rods and knew how to properly use them, but since no one else seemed to know, It was too hard to tell if something was actually happening. I am a history nerd so the actual historical portions of the tour were good enough for me. But I was disappointed in the "ghost tour" title.

5 Thank JamieLynn1020
Oak Lawn, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Ghost Shuttle Tour”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

We went on the Ghost Tour on a Wed night. It was very lame to say the least. There was not any really good information shared, although we did go out to the old cemetery and the poor farm. She was not prepared, not interesting and not engaging. Her "ghost stories" had no substance. I am a skeptic when it comes to ghosts but my wife is not and she has the same opinion regarding this experience.

Customer service is non existent--we had purchased tickets for the pub crawl that upcoming Friday and decided to cancel due to our experience on Wed. When I called Amelia the first words out of her mouth were: "Well, there are no refunds" Little does she know that people are not stupid and without an online signature we would have gotten our money back through Discover. She was quite rude and would not let you finish your statements about what you did not like--constantly cutting you off. She finally did not want to hear anymore and said "I took you off the list" I asked about the refund and her response was " I said I took you off the list and you are getting a refund." I must say that I received an e-mail from PayPal within 5 minutes of our conversation end verifying the refund. We spend allot of time and money in Galena and I must say, Amelia will not get another penny out of us and we will share this with everyone we know in Galena and elsewhere.

10 Thank Mark R