“Stay on the Valley Side”

Irish Cottage Boutique Hotel
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Galena
Palm Springs, California
“Stay on the Valley Side”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have stayed here a couple of times and the best advice I can give is to stay in te back of the hotel. This is better because you can see trees and also it is much quieter. This past weekend we stayed in a two room suite and it was nice. However, it was really only two rooms open to one another, not a true "suite".

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jenrockford

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

I had made a reservation several weeks before my trip. Asked for a "valley view" room. Was given a room on the highway...room was shabby and tiny...the bathroom was so small I had to stand to the side of the toilet to close the door. The noise from the highway could be heard over the television...which was not working when I checked in...but was repaired quickly. I was so disappointed I wanted to cry. I tried to find another hotel, but because it was a holiday weekend everything was booked. I had just come from a glorious room in Lake Geneva,WI. for only a bit more money
money. I wanted to turn around and go back!!

• Stayed September 2012
13 Thank susyqb
gr82birish, Executive Assistant at Irish Cottage Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
We are sorry to learn of your disappointment. The room type you booked online is a Kinsale Suite. All Kinsale Suites face the front of the building. We did our best to accommodate your request. Unfortunately, due to a sold out holiday weekend we were unable to move your room.
Richmond VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

Met friends here and enjoyed drinks in the library, breakfast in the bar. Room was large, bed was comfy, mini-fridge a plus, nice views of hillside (with cattle). And in-room coffee, always appreciated. We were there on a Friday night and there were dancers & later some musicians in the bar, a fun environment. Spent the day touring the Grant house, downtown, a nearby winery, with late lunch overlooking the Mississippi. Quite the nice time.

Libertyville, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

Stayed at The Irish Cottage in Galena last weekend. My kids bought us a weekend at The Irish Cottage for our 40th Wedding Anniversary. Very friendly personnel and very clean. Lots of beautiful prints of Ireland all over the hotel. There were four big prints of places in Donnegal in our room and they were all really pretty. We had the free hot breakfast on Saturday morning in the restaurant and that was very enjoyable. You have everything you would want in this hotel. Nice rooms, great location, free breakfast, a pool, a spa, and fun Irish restaurant with entertainment on the weekends.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

This place is kind of a cross between a B&B and a small hotel. We booked a last minute reservation in one of their Glenalough Suites for a Saturday night. We were lucky to get it. The room was clean and comfortable. It had a sitting area and a separate bedroom as well as a wet bar and refrigerator. It was just what we needed. The bed was very comfortable, but the corner whirlpool barely fit two people and was a bit shallow. The whirlpool by the pool might be a better bet. The breakfast in the pub was very good and the staff seemed friendly. Our only complaint was that the wet bar sink drain was a little clogged. I mentioned it on our way out and if we had stayed an additional night, I'm sure it would have been taken care of. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the back. They are very quiet.
1 Thank BBLovers620
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here Thursday thru sunday and had the best time. The hotel is clean beautiful comfortable. The staff is very friendly. It's in the perfect location. The pool and hot tub is wonderful. I have absolutely nothing bad to say. The beds are super comfy!! Showers are great The pub is great The dancers were great The owner Basil is a wonderful person. Not sure. Why?So friendly and outgoing. It was great to meet him. I will be back many times and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2012
Montego Bay, Jamaica
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

Place was clean. Staff was very friendly we had a suite room was nice sized. It is a mile or so from town and u really can't walk into town cause it is a busy highway with no sidewalks. We took a cab in one night because we were going to have a glass or 2 of wine $10 each way. Complimentary breakfast both mornings. The breakfast was very good u do not get to choose the 1 st day sausage n cheese omelet and strawberry and cream cheese crepe( but it was a pancake) then 2 nd am was a sauage quiche and French toast w strawberries. I thought both were good. Not what I would have ordered but for free breakfast very good. I would stay there again.

1 Thank Sarah H