“Great Surprise”

Galena Cellars Winery & Vineyard
Ranked #2 of 34 Shopping in Galena
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us and enjoy our award-winning wines. Visit our gift shop at 515 South Main Street Galena IL, 61036. Vineyard now open for tours & wine tastings at 4746 North Ford Rd. Galena, IL 61036.
Chicago, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great Surprise”
Reviewed July 5, 2010

I was taken there on a surprise birthday trip from Chicago. It was a fabulous day spent sampling wines I never would have had the chance to try otherwise. The prices are great-and the staff is friendly and even helped us to find an amazing restaurant for dinner!

Knoxville, IL
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Unique, restful, a piece of heaven!”
Reviewed July 4, 2010

We have visited the winery numerous times and continue to be so relaxed and pleased. The views from the deck are unsurpassed; all the wines delicious; winemaker Chris Lawler is joyful and knowledgable; Rob the manager makes all welcome; Jan and Rosie give wonderful wine tours. It is fun to do a wine tasting, and then settle back on the beautiful wrap around porch to savor the country view with a bottle of Galena Cellars Wine. Life couldn't get better than this.
We have not found anywhere that we enjoy visiting more than Galena Cellars Winery and
staying in the winery suite.

Rochelle, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Beautiful setting for a wedding”
Reviewed June 4, 2010

My husband & I were married at the vineyard in May of 2010. The Staff was amazing and treated us like family. There were just 15 of us total (guests & bridal party). It was a relaxing way to get married...our guests had a glass of wine in their hands during the ceremony! Afterwards, we took pictures all over the vineyard and enjoyed a wine tasting. The vineyard was beautiful!

I'm planning a bachelorette party there in August for my cousin. I can't wait to go back when the vineyard is full of grapes :)

2 Thank shanpmay2010
Chicago
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Really enjoyed the wine tasting”
Reviewed October 14, 2009

We had a good time doing the wine tasting! You were able to try 6 wines for $3. Each tasting had enough for about 3 sips of wine. Of course we did 2 tastings and tried 12 wines! The staff was well informed and very helpful in selecting wines and offering advice. Please make sure that you ask for new glasses each time however as they do not automatically give them out.

1 Thank love2run94
Madison, Wisconsin
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“If you have tastebuds I would not recommend this winery.”
Reviewed September 15, 2009

My husband and I like wineries but most of the time end up not liking the sweet midwestern wine so we weren't expecting much. Turns out it was worse than expected! We walked in and the people were not friendly at the tasting bar. Then it cost us $3 to taste (which isn't much but was the only place charging for tasting in Galena). The wine was disgusting - overpriced juice. We were actually served wine with leftover residue crap from the bottom of the bottle. I would NOT recommend this place if you enjoy wine - especially dry wine.

2 Thank laewagne