“Alpine Slide”

35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Alpine Slide”
Reviewed November 17, 2011

My daughter and I did the alpine slide and it was a lot of fun. The views of the Mississippi River are stunning, and the slides themselves are a blast. I didn't like the ski lift back to the top (only because I am afraid of heights) but the views were amazing! The value was pretty good too. I think it was around $15.00 for both my daughter and me for each one ride and ski lift back up. The drive up to Chestnut Mountian is beautiful as well! If you are looking for a fun daytime summer activity- this is it!

Visited September 2011

Tamworth, United Kingdom
279 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 856 helpful votes
“Could be great, if.....”
Reviewed November 7, 2011

the people there were friendly. Not one nice person in the ski rental place or operating the lifts; in fact they were downright rude. (Especially the lift people)

However, the skiing is some of the best in the area. Although it is only a hill; the turns and height make it feel like a mountain. great views to the Mississippi too.

Can also ski under the floodlights which I always think is nice.

However, I think I will go elsewhere next time I'm out in the area and looking to ski. (Wisconsin?)

Visited January 2011
Winona, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“disappointing”
Reviewed November 6, 2011

very old, run down and dirty. We went to Chestnut Mountain to ride the luge. Glad we weren't staying there!

Visited August 2011
1 Thank Lisa J
DeKalb
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great place to take sunset photos”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Beautiful grounds and if you are looking for a location to capture a beautiful sunset, this is it. Lovely hotel with a cute gift shop. Great place for the photographer wanna be.

Visited October 2011
DuPage County, IL
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Just stopped for a quick visit”
Reviewed October 21, 2011

It's been 20 years since either of us have been here. Boy, has this place changed! The restaurant/bar area is really nice with wonderfully scenic views. Didn't get to see the rooms but were pleased to see that they've added lots of new runs and upgraded equipment for skiers of all abilities.

Visited October 2011