“Not worth it”

Annie Wiggins Ghost Tours
Ranked #14 of 14 Tours in Galena
Reviewed May 22, 2012

My husband and I took this tour in October 2011 - we got tickets though our b&b's History Package. We love ghost tours, and try to go on one in every city we visit. Not because we think we'll find ghosts or have paranormal experiences, but we go because it's cool to learn about the history of the area.
From that perspective, this tour failed miserably. It is definitely theatrical, not history or fact based. The was guide dressed in period mourning clothes (which was neat), but she kept going in and out of character. And it felt like the "stories" told by our guide were made up to match the tour.
Overall I was disappointed, and would not take the tour again. But I guess it all depends on what you're looking for - history or acting!

2  Thank MisDirected

Reviewed March 27, 2012

This is a very interesting and fun tour to go on. The guide dressed in period clothing and tells the history and stories as if we are actually in the 1800s. She painted a wonderful visual for us and I felt like I was really in that time period for the tour! There is a lot of walking involved, some of it up a large hill so it's not for the faint of heart exercise-wise but the tour is still very informative and even more entertaining!

Reviewed October 23, 2011

Being an avid ghost hunter I was really frustrated during this whole tour. Although I am sure our guide was a nice person, her lackadaisical and slap stick comedy attitude were not appreciated during our session. First your told a story and then it is shared that if you have a vivd imagination you might experience some thing paranormal. If you are really interested in some insight to hauntings, I suggest you try the Desoto Hotel instead. You will have a better chance of getting your monies worth and perhaps be truely in awe. I felt like asking for my fee back after the Annie Wiggins Ghost Tour

4  Thank alshea2010
Reviewed August 17, 2011

A group of 6 of us (adults) went on this Ghost Tour. We went to check-in for the tour and there was a VERY grumpy man telling everyone to 'wait outside until I tell you I'm ready'! Also, they only accept cash as a form of payment. This isn't too terrible but something to know before coming. I heard one guy ask where the closest ATM was! When the tour started a woman dressed in black was speaking so low that you couldn't hear her over the traffic noise. The tour was more theatrical than historical. So if you're into that, maybe you'd like this. I knew we were doomed when half way thru I saw my friends taking pictures of bugs!! I suppose we could've walked away from the tour but we didn't want to be rude so we stuck it out. That was the longest 1-1/2 hours of my life!

2  Thank GOOFYROSE96
Reviewed September 1, 2009

If you like to be lead around town and told of ghost stories in that town but never visit the sites then this is the tour for you. I have taken many ghost tours before and this is about the worst. The guide said at least 3 times, "Now on the other side of town", so my question was why weren't we there. He walked us up and down hills to houses that were meaningless for the ghost tour. We stopped in the middle of streets to be told stories of other places. It was frustrating.

2  Thank JOHN K

Been to Annie Wiggins Ghost Tours? Share your experiences!