“Horrible experience!! DO NOT RECOMMEND”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Sweetheart Bakery

Dining options: Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Description: email: sweetheartbakery77@yahoo.com. Ph# 815-281-2253
Marion, Iowa, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible experience!! DO NOT RECOMMEND”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had a horrible experience with sweetheart bakery. I ordered a two tier wedding cake through this bakery. We had a conversation via email and over the phone exactly what I wanted. I also decided to have it delivered so they would put the caked topper on the cake. However on the day of our wedding they delivered the cake and left without putting the cake topper on. They brought me a small cake with no second tier. Not to mention it looked nothing like what I wanted and my wedding guests said it tasted funny for being red velvet. Even after having proof through my email of what I had ordered the owner continued to argue with me that I didn't order a two tier cake. I am very unhappy with this bakery. I do not recommend going to them. You can get way better quality and service at another bakery. Not to mention the owner is very rude.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Brooke L

San Diego, California, United States
“Good old fashioned bakery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

Great atmosphere. I can't comment on the coffee myself, but my husband had some and said it hit the spot. I had lemon tea, which was just what I needed. We both got pastries, and sat on their side porch, which is very comfortable and super cute. We also bought some rye bread that the family ate in less than 2 days. Cute decorations, and very friendly staff. I will definitely come back next time we're in town.

• Visited November 2011
2 Thank Heather M
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Atmosphere nice - donuts average - coffee undrinkable”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

We were disappointed in the donuts - they were just as good as what one would get at a grocery store. The place is adorable and the serive was fine. The coffee - terrible. We have only found one other bakery type place - but this was the only one with donuts.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank indypenny0714
Harbor Springs, Michigan
“"One of The Best Experiences We Had in Galena!"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

Following a Fantastic Mass at St. Mary's, we found ourselves walking into One of The Best Experiences We had in Galena! "The Sweet Heart Bakery", all Sweets are baked "With The Heart" (and it Shows) in this little Hidden Jewel at the end of Main Street. The Owners are Friendly and Go Out Of Their Way to make you feel Comfortable and Welcomed! "All Baked Goods are Made From Scratch", except the Donuts (no deep fryer). We Enjoyed the Best Cannolies, Carrot Cake, Cinnamon Roll and a Chocoholic"s Dream, "The Bomb". The Bomb taste like The most Delicious Moist Brownie you have Ever Had with a Soft Fudge Center, Chocolate Chips and Dipped in a Granoche coating. You Must Taste it to believe how Delicious it Really is!!!! Don't Miss this Rare Find while you are in Galena!!!!!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Sandy4343
Lansing, IA
“Fresh Baked Personality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

As we were looking for a cup of coffee and a pastry break in the morning as we toured downtown Galena, we first stopped at The Rendevous coffee shop. What a disappointment. Nothing homemade. The pastries were stale and a meager selection. As we went on down the street, we found The Sweetheart Bakery. What a find! Just what we'd been looking for. We thoroughly enjoyed the experience of lunch and dessert at The Sweetheart Bakery. The friendliness and personality of, not only the bakers, but also the atmosphere; a true gem in its offering of casual lunch and wonderful selection of pastries, desserts, and fresh baked breads, all fresh baked there!

• Visited June 2012