“Delicious Blintzes!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Husband and I ate a wonderful breakfast here. I ordered the Swedish Strawberry Blintzes and they were absolutely delish! Fresh strawberries and sour cream wrapped in buttery blintzes, not overly sweet (the way I like it). I held myself back from eating all three at once. My hubby ordered their french toast which he raved about. Coffee was average but the waitress was friendly and sweet. We visit the lovely town of Galena regularly so we'll definitely be back.

Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

I was here alone on a Thursday morning around 9 am. Although only half the tables were taken I figured I'd just grab a spot at the counter since I was by myself.
I sat at the counter trying to check my emails while waiting for service. I waited. I found I had no cell reception because of the diner's location at the base of a hill.
I waited some more for service while checking if the diner had its own wifi. They didn't.
Waitresses passed by me about five times while I was checking my I-phone before one decided to stop and ask if I wanted coffee. Of course I did; this is a diner and I'm at the counter at 9 in the morning.
"Anything besides coffee?" she asked. "Nope," I said. After all that I didn't feel hungry anymore.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Had the spicy chorizo skillet. It was great but the pancakes with it were nothing special - I would probably head towards toast next time.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

The omlettes are to die for! Quaint and homey, with wonderful service. Will go back for sure! Comlimentary surprises, too! Golden Hen even won over my picky husband!

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Homey atmosphere - large portions - great variety - good service. What more can you ask for from a breakfast and lunch place. Oh and it is located right downtown.

Been to The Golden Hen Cafe? Share your experiences!