“The staff are first rate!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Galena IL
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Galena
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Galena is a great place to visit and this Country Inn was one of the best we have used. Very friendly staff, great service at breakfast, above average room, good bed. Great location, coupon book available at front desk.

Room Tip: we stayed away from the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Galena IL

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Comfortable beds and clean. It is rare to be disappointed at a Country Inn and this location does not disappoint.
The location is quite convenient to downtown. The breakfast here is above average. Good eggs and sausages. Plus you can pick from the traditional waffles, fruit, cereal and so on.
Pick this place when visiting Galena.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I was in Galena to do some sightseeing. The hotel is perfectly located in a quiet area on the main highway just outside of the downtown tourist district. I was only there for a quick overnight, but I found the hotel to be very clean and the staff was friendly. The room was nicely appointed and the bed was very comfortable. Rate was a bit high, but at least I didn't regret paying it. Nice stay and I would choose to stay again if I am ever back in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is our third time staying at this hotel and each time we stay, we have always had a pleasant stay. This past weekend was no exception. The staff was very friendly, the breakfast had something to please even the pickiest of toddlers and the bed was very comfortable. The entire hotel was well kept and we were very pleased with our stay. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

we stopped by this hotel on our way to our vacation destination. My family loved the hotel. The pool with a waterslide was a huge hit with the kids (and dad). the hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. The rooms were clean and very well kept. I'd definitely recommend this hotel to friends and other family. I hope to be able to stay at the same hotel again!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

My sister and I stayed here last week during a stop in Galena. From the moment we walked in, the service we received was wonderful. The entire staff was super-attentive, the room was clean and comfortable, and the value was outstanding. The pool was so attractive that I wished I'd brought my suit along...and the complimentary breakfast was very good. I would definitely stay here again!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed here with 3 kids, and the hotel was a hit! Everything was clean and outside appearance was nice. Staff was very nice - even let us go and see our room before check in to see if it was what we wanted. Room was spacious and has separate sleeping/living room area. This was great for the adults when the kids wanted to sleep in. Beds were really comfortable. There was a good variety of choices for breakfast - something for everyone. They had waffle makers, but they made the waffles for you. This was really nice, since most hotels you have to make your own. Hotel is conveniently located just west of the downtown Galena area. Not a lot of restaurants by this hotel for family dining if you are looking for something outside the downtown tourist area. The big hit of the hotel is the water slide in the pool. The pool area is very spacious and there is a lot of chairs. Small area for toddlers too. Pool was pleasantly warm! There is a game area right across the hall from the pool which is really nice. I really cannot say anything bad about our stay, and will definitely be returning!