“Ate at Embe for lunch”

Embe
Ranked #18 of 63 Restaurants in Galena
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Also has a fully stocked bar.
Streator, Illinois
“Ate at Embe for lunch”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

While in Galena we stopped with friends here for lunch. Got the pastrami, corned beef, horderadish mustard and cole slaw sandwich. Was very tasty and waitress was very good waiting on us. Homemade cream of mushroom with artichoke soup was very good. Also got the bread pudding for dessert was very good.

• Visited October 2013

Vonore, Tennessee
“Indulgent snack”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

For an indulgent snack to give you more energy for exploring Galena shops, stop at Embe for a luxurious bread pudding laced with rum sauce & piled high with whipped cream. You won't regret it!

Chicago Ridge, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“unfriendly service”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

The food was not spectacular. We entered the restaurant which was busy and sat ourselves. Our server came over, didn't wecome us ir give her name gae us menus and walked away. The problem wasn't in receiving or food it was the attitude we got from the server. We finished our just o.k. food and I spoke with the cook. I asked him if I could speak with a manager and he replied their wasn't a manager on duty they are responsible for themselves. I related my unfriendly experience with the server and his only reply was ‘thats what you get on the weekends‘ Apparently they are not concerned with customer service....Would not set foot in this place ever again.

Bloomington, Illinois
“Great little lunch place!”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stopped in to Embe for lunch after a referral from a local. I got the Big Joe, which was hot pastrami and swiss with horseradish mustard - yum!

I would have given them 5 stars, except the iced tea was obviously from the day before, and there were no options for sides except for sweet onion chips. They were good, but I would have liked something different.

Madison, Wisconsin
“Screaming Embe”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Nice atmosphere though a bit too purple for my taste. Good service and very reasonably priced. I had a Screaming Embe (corned beef and pastrami) sandwich which came with chips. My wife had a roast beef sandwich. Everything was delicious and the portions filled us to where we had no room for bread pudding as much as we really wanted to try it.

Visited August 2013

Been to Embe? Share your experiences!