“Nice restaurant”

Embe
Ranked #18 of 65 Restaurants in Galena
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Also has a fully stocked bar.
Reviewed October 15, 2012

It was a little busy at lunch but the food was worth the wait. Homemade soup, great corned beef and the best bread pudding......

Reviewed October 15, 2012

My wife and I went in the place for a quick drink while shopping and found that only one of the bartenders even seemed like they wanted to be there!! There was an older gentleman and older woman who appeared to be the owners who never once cracked a smile and sneered at the "friendly" bartender the entire time! The younger girl working behind the bar was equally miserable. Customer service was non-existant! Talk about a miserable aura.... The funny thing is that we went there last year and loved the food and the service! Funny how things have changed! No wonder no one was in the place despite it being one of the busiest weekends in Galena! Will NEVER go back!

1  Thank Devin K
Reviewed October 12, 2012

My cousin and I had lunch at Embe soon after we arrived in Galena. It was a cute little place with a nice menu. Service was very good and it was fun sitting near the window and people watching as we ate our lunch. We each had sandwiches and traded a half. Both were amazingly tasty and HUGE. We definitely didn't walk away hungry. I would recommend Embe to anyone looking for a great lunch at a fair price.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

I've lived in Galena my whole life and have been to Embe three times now. Everytime I have been there I have experienced great service, drinks, and atmosphere. The prices are great and the staff is pleasant and chatty. I haven't had the food yet, but I have heard good things. I highly recommend this place to anyone who wants to relax, enjoy some great libations and listen to some good music, which this place seems to always have!

Reviewed October 6, 2012

the waiter was great. we had the hot pastrami sandwich that was excellent and the bread pudding that was delicious

Been to Embe? Share your experiences!