“Gathering before goodbye”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Breakfast and Lunch
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

7 friends gathered before one of us moved away. I have been to Otto's numerous times and have loved every single visit, my only destination when I go to Galena. The friends joining this day have very different palates. I knew Ottos's would feed the desirable palates of all. Everything from their famous sweet potato hash, breakfast tacos with goat cheese and homemade French toast. Well of course their bloody Mary's, mimosas and coffee all around made the perfect compliments to their delicious home cooking. The service that John and Dan require is hometown friendliness, genuine personality and enjoyment with the guests who become more than just a guest for breakfast. The ambiance of Otto's provides you a warm welcome and this is where friends meet. Cheers to John and Dan for making this the best breakfast place in the tristate area!
-Tiesha

There are newer reviews for Otto's Place

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stopped here for breakfast. Nothing amazing. I found my omelet to be a bit on the greasy side and the bottom to be burnt. But..... the biscuits and gravy are amazing. Next time I go back it will be for the large order of biscuits and gravy.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Away from the packed tourist areas in a historic building on the riverbank, well-crafted homestyle food, friendly staff, local artwork. Half the Saturday brunch guests were clearly local regulars, the other half were tourists. Across the street from a little train depot converted into visitor center.

1  Thank Lou_per
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I have been to Otto's quite a few times and have always been very impressed with the food, service and all the personal touches that make it seem like you are with "family" I was there recently for the Big Pink Dinner and am a breast cancer survivor of 19 years and have never been treated so royally! Greeted at the door by John who looked so good in pink and had the best meal ever, salmon with all the trimmings, the waitress Ashley was very attentive as was John and it was just an awesome experience from beginning to end! You won't want to miss the opportunity to dine here with your friends. Thank you for "thinking PINK" I'll be back very soon!

1  Thank Bonnie B
Reviewed October 22, 2013

My husband and I attended the annual "Pink Dinner" in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. We both had the roast pork with apple-raisin dressing. It was FABULOUS! Otto's is a very quaint building and has a warm and welcoming atmosphere. A musician added to the ambiance, as did all of the pink decorations. Our waitress, Ashley, was super and checked with us numerous times during the evening. We were treated royally by John, from our welcome to our send-off gift. Hats off to Chef Dan who did a superb job. As a member of the Breast of Friends, the breast cancer survivor group benefiting from the generosity of the event, I can't say enough good things about how we were treated and thank all those who supported this event b attending. Thank you John and Dan for being so generous to our group and participating with a breast cancer awareness event.

1  Thank Helen_K968

Been to Otto's Place? Share your experiences!