“Start your day off right”
Review of Otto's Place

Otto's Place
Ranked #1 of 63 Restaurants in Galena
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Breakfast and Lunch
Milwaukee
“Start your day off right”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Fueled our bellies with a late breakfast at Otto's place before we walked to the historic sites of quaint Galena.

I had the banana bread french toast, an interesting twist that was more like a breakfast dessert! My partner had a turkey sandwich, which was fresh and delicious.

The dinner menu on the table looked interesting and if we didn't already have reservations at other restaurants on Main Street, we would have come back to Otto's.

When in Galena, give Otto's a try!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank BrewTownGirl

Collinsville, Illinois
“Less than I expected”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My wife and I had breakfast at Otto's. It was good, but I guess the reviews and the word of mouth in Galena gave me the expectation of more. I had a ham and swiss omelet and it was very good as were the potatoes and sourdough toast. One important point- because it's located adjacent to the city parking lot there is no parking problem as there is at most Galena restaurants.

• Visited August 2013
Waterman
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cousin Trip”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Excellent food! Just wish they stayed open later during the week. The Trolly operator told us to try Otto's. He was right!

1 Thank Pamela G
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great food and great service”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

On our recent family vacation, we had breakfast twice at Otto's place. We have two toddlers and while they don't have high chairs (which makes me think they aren't kid friendly), the food was outstanding and the staff exceptionally friendly. Particularly good: the bacon.

1 Thank indypenny0714
Iowa
“A Great Place To Eat In Galena”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We went to breakfast on Saturday morning. We did not have reservations, but chose otto's because of the reviews on facebook. We were seated fairly quickly on the main floor.

The menu is rather unique. I had the corned beef has and eggs. The corned beef hashwas not your typical hash. It was made with chucks of corned beef and chunks of potatoes and was not fried and mushy like so many places serve. It came with a cheeese biscuit. I was very happy with it. My spouse ordered the egg taco, a soft shell taco with scrambled eggs, bacon,cheese and salsa. He also thought it was very good.

Otto's served dinner on Friday and saturday nights serving appetizers, 4 entrees and desserts. We looked at the menu and decided it would be perfect for dinner. We made reservations and were seated as soon as we arrived. John makes special drinks, so Bill had a sangria and I had a peach martini

For dinner, i had the soup of the day and the pork medallions with mashed potatoes and vegies. The pork was organically raised local pork and both medallions were about 1/2 inch thick. It was so tender, i could cut it with my fork.

Bill had another of the specials, wild mushroom stuffed tortallinni with portabella cream sauce. He also said it was delicious.

A specialty dessert at otto's is pineapple upsidedown cake. Each one is individually made (order in advance as it takes 30 minutes. Bill had the 6 layer chocolate cake for dessert.

A truly spectacular meal Dan, you are an awesome chef.

We were so impressed, we went back for breakfast on Sunday. We both ordered the cream cheese stuffed french toast with raspberry sauce (to die for). We each ordered a side of the organic bacon to go with the french toast.It also was wonderful

Finally, the hostess and waitstaff are supburb. Thanks Alison and Bobbie. John and Dan, your place is a treasure in Galena

1 Thank Tim&Bill

Been to Otto's Place? Share your experiences!