“$7.50 for a small bloody Mary? Really!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Market House Restaurant

The Market House Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 62 Restaurants in Galena
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: At The Market House Restaurant we focus on the dinner table with homemade food like mom and grandma use to make. We are Family Run by three sisters and a brother and enjoy helping others to share in their good times. We hope you enjoy our quaint and friendly atmosphere and that your experience is one you'll never forget.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
“$7.50 for a small bloody Mary? Really!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

Funky hidden place good food , busy but not cheap for a place upstairs. Big menu looks cheap until you add sides etc. full bar, 4.00 wine specials on Monday

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Winneconne, Wisconsin
“Good food, quick service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

Owned an operated by sisters since 1982, the Market House sits above Main Street Galena. It offers a view out over the street or in the garden room in the back. Dress is casual. I ordered the vegetable pasta with sauce and it came with a side salad. The Honey Mustard dressing was made on-site and very tasty. The pasta and vegetables were hot and had great flavor. That choice was a good value for the money. My husband had the Seafood Platter and did not have a good report for that. For $30 he got a piece of Swordfish (overcooked) and 2 small to medium shrimp and 2 small to medium scallops, baked potato on the side that was very good. Over server was very pleasant. This was a pretty busy Saturday evening in October, so we were lucky to get in.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Spring Hill, Tennessee
“Great Fried Chicken, not so great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

Ate here for dinner on recommendation from our Inn keepers. All four of us ordered the fried chicken. It was delicious, very crispy and not greasy, some of the best I've had in a long time and the price was decent. Our waitress was, how to put this, curt? Made us feel uncomfortable, like we were wasting her time. I ordered a drink, she brought me the wrong one announcing she knew it was wrong but I would probably like it anyway and urged me to take it. Uh, ok. I obliged her but when she asked later if I liked it I said no and she did take it off the bill. The other service staff was friendly. I would recommend going here but hopefully you will have a different server.

Visited September 2012
Iowa
“Foodies Will Enjoy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stopped into Market House this past Saturday 9/1/12 and had a very enjoyable lunch. We were greeted by the owner and seated in the Garden room. The restaurant is staffed by siblings and a very friendly atmosphere. We started with the Almond crusted Duck tenders and the Bottlecaps(deep fried jalapeno slices). Both appetizers were nice and crisp and quality ingredients. For my main entree, I had the Reuben and German potato salad. The Reuben is high quality roasted corn beef, smooth sauerkraut, good cheese and 1000 island dressing on rye and was delicious, very rich! Another had the duck breast sandwich that was cooked to perfection and a great value. The others had a gourmet burger with a fresh grilled portabello with a fantastic cheese that was thoroughly enjoyed and the special was the cold plate combo which was good also. The staff and owner care about the food that they serve and it shows. I would highly recommend and hope to stop back whenever in Galena to try may other items on their menu. Sounds like they have a great fish special on Friday evenings that will be our next mission!! Enjoy!!!

• Visited September 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“It's all about the Crab Louis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

I've been here many times and can recommend the dill pickle appetizer. It was the first place I'd ever had it, and it is my gold standard. The crab louis is wonderful. Burgers and the portabella mushroom sandwich are also winners. The staff is wonderful and it's a nice, quiet location.

• Visited August 2012