“Some very good, other average” 3 of 5 bubbles

Victory Cafe
Ranked #13 of 62 Restaurants in Galena
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Victory Cafe is located in the heart of Main Street serving up great food in a casual, family-friendly atmosphere. Enjoy our breakfast specialties all day long including fresh baked cinnamon rolls, pancakes, waffles, omelets, and our premium coffee. Don't miss daily lunch specials offering the best from our extensive menu of soups, salads, sandwiches, burgers, and hot plates. Come and enjoy a delicious bacon-infused bloody mary or mimosa with your meal Bring the family and bring your appetite to Galena's favorite restaurant - Victory Cafe!
wisconsin
“Some very good, other average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

First of all-best pancakes around, at least one person in the oarty needs to order the pancake-they come in stacks of "1" but believe me, its enough. Coffee good, and they will keep the cup full, omelette good, toast incredibly average, but hey, toast is toast.....only complaint-corn beef hash.....straight from a can, or at least it tastes like it. I know it isnt a popular order item, but what I wouldnt give to have a restaurant actually take pride in this item and make it from scratch....

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Chicago, Illinois
“Best place for breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

Great food! Wonderful service! Awesome owners who make sure their customers are happy! Did not care for the hashbrowns though.

los angeles, CA
“simple good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Had the daily special, turkey sandwich with stuffed pepper tomato soup while my friend had the BLT. Both were very good. I especially like the soup. The restaurant is in a historic building which adds a little charm to the place. Price is reasonable too. Will have too come back for the desert next time.

Lone Tree, Iowa, United States
“My taste buds where dancing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

My husband stopped here for lunch on our day trip to Galena. They had tried a new coleslaw it had Apple Cider Vinaigrette in it instead of the mayonnaise base and had cranberries in it. My taste buds where literally dancing. Some of the best Coleslaw I think I have ever had! I also had the Bacon Chicken ranch sub. Which was just as wonderful on the homemade bread. The service was great and all the staff where very friendly. I can't wait to go back on our next trip!

• Visited August 2013
Victory_Cafe, Owner at Victory Cafe, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
I'm so happy to read such a great review. I'm glad you liked our new summer coleslaw. Bruce and I are always happy to hear that all our hard work and time is appreciated and enjoyed by our customers. We look forward to having you back again.
Ames, Iowa
“Okay Place for Lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

You may find in Galena that there aren't A LOT of places open for lunch. Several of the places on Main Street don't open until 4pm to cater to the dinner crowd. So one of the days we were there, we decided to do the Victory Cafe for lunch.

It looks like an old school diner inside, and the wait staff was nice enough. My husband ordered an iced tea, and they had yet to brew any--his iced tea didn't arrive until halfway through our meal.

The food was all right. He had a reuben which he enjoyed, and I had a grilled cheese that I'm fairly certain just used Kraft American Cheese slices. It also came with tomatoes on it, which it fails to note in the menu--so if you don't like tomatoes like myself, you'll find yourself picking them off.

The price was pretty reasonable, but after our waitress dropped off the check we waited and waited for her to come back, and finally had to go up front to have someone else take care of it.

If you need a lunch spot, this one will do the job--just don't expect the best food you've ever had out of it.