“Not so good”

Victory Cafe
Ranked #12 of 66 Restaurants in Galena
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Victory Cafe is located in the heart of Main Street serving up great food in a casual, family-friendly atmosphere. Enjoy our breakfast specialties all day long including fresh baked cinnamon rolls, pancakes, waffles, and omelets. Don't miss daily lunch specials offering the best from our extensive menu of homemade soups, salads, sandwiches, and burgers.Come and enjoy a delicious bacon-infused bloody mary or mimosa with your meal.Bring the family and bring your appetite to Galena's favorite restaurant - Victory Cafe!
Reviewed March 11, 2012

My husband and I were looking for a place to grab a bite to eat on our first weekend trip to Galena. We saw their prices and thought they looked reasonable so we went inside. The waitress was very friendly and took our order quickly. He ordered a burger basket and I a chicken salad croissant. His burger was a little too rare for my taste and looked very unappealing. He said it was ok. My sandwich was not good at all. It looked like white meat chicken salad but it seemed to have several pieces of gristle or something in it. The croissant was cold and hard. The fries were saltless. The cafe is cute and the waitress was good, but that isn't really what anyone really cares about when they are going out to eat.
If you are in town for lunch try something else out. This was a miss.

Reviewed February 27, 2012

This is an excellent example of what a quality restaurant should be like... 1. Clean and great atmospere. 2. Friendly staff and kid friendly, including a basket of toys for the children to play with. 3. Great food selection from breakfast all day to homemade soups, breads and other american cuisine items! I highly recommend this for breakfast or lunch!

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Victory Cafe is a great restaurant! We got the cinnamon french toast and the hash-browns with eggs and cheese. Wow was this food great! It was definitely the best hash-brown dish I've ever had and I am so sad I live so far away from Victory. The coffee was also wonderful and the service was prompt, polite, and just plain friendly! Highly recommended for any person looking for a great meal, big menu, and fair prices!

Reviewed February 14, 2012

My Reuben was yummy, the sandwich was perfectly toasted (not soggy!) and the corned beef was nice and tender. The fries were awesomely crispy. My husband had the chicken salad croissant with fries and was equally impressed. The food certainly hit the spot. Service was friendly and fast, two of our favorites. : ) We will definitely stop the next time we're in Galena.

Reviewed February 13, 2012

We stopped in on a cold Saturday afternoon and ate lunch. The soups were great. The beef barley was absoluately delicious. Several things on menu we hadn't seen before. Service was wonderful also. We will return.