“Good Restaurant. Great Location”

Woodlands Restaurant at Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa
Ranked #33 of 63 Restaurants in Galena
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: West Wachter Drive
Transit: Resort shuttles are available for all of our golf villas and distinct homes.
Chicago, IL
“Good Restaurant. Great Location”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Just ate at the Woodlands tonight with my wife. The food was very good and the service was excellent. the view was very nice as we were overlooking the lake at Eagle Ridge Resort. I would highly recommend that you have a drink on the patio overlooking the lake, especially at sunset. The scenery around the restaurant is quite beautiful. Not at all what I expected in a good way!

Jay was our waiter and he did an excellent job of being attentive and giving my wife and I an opportunity to have a romantic dinner.

I think the prices were reasonable. For wine lovers, they only charge an $8 corkage fee. However, they have a nice wine list and pretty reasonable prices. The deserts were very good and affordable and a nice ending to our meal.

The restaurant is relatively slow during the week. If you are looking for a lively place to go, I would suggest that you go into town. The bar has some nice energy, but relatively mild as well.

Overall, I would recoomend that you eat at the Woodlands especially at Sunset and take a nice walk around the lake to work off your meal.

• Visited July 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“Surprisingly good, great variety”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I am not a Sunday brunch person. I don't like to overeat, and I feel brunches encourage eating too much food that doesn't taste really good. Woodlands has a great brunch. The crepes filled with fruit are the way to start your meal. They are delicious. Then try either the breakfast food of the lunch items. You will probably be full before you get to your 3rd plateful so try a little of what looks good and you won't be disappointed. There is a wide variety of items. The only caveat: the ceviche was disappointing, so avoid that one.

Visited June 2013
Ottawa, Illinois
“Night out”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Eat here twice good prices plenty of food with a lot of specials. They have a great location with excellent staff. Had the pizza one night and very good I must say. Live music the night we were there which even made it better.

Visited March 2013
Bartlett, Illinois
“5 Star Buffet on Sundays.”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Lot of variety on the foods and salads. Served Prime Rib, Lamb and Roast Goose. Crepes and lots of goodies for dessert.

Visited April 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Disappointing - would never go back.”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is the second time my husband and I stayed at Eagle Ridge in the last couple of years. Both times we tried the restaurant there. The first time was bad but the weather wasn't that good this second trip and we didn't want to get caught in a snow storm so we thought we would give it another try. Well that was the last time. The food was really bad. My husband had what was supposed to be ahi tuna - it looked more like a grey tuna steak and tasted awful. I had veal which was just okay. Our dinners were pricey and horrible. Never again.

• Visited February 2013