“Great Views and food”
Review of Sunset Grille

Sunset Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Sunset Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 65 Restaurants in Galena
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Blackjack Road
Transit: None
Description: The Sunset Grille is a refreshing fine dining experience, where the view is almost as spectacular as the food. Perched high on a bluff, and featuring a 1,400 sq ft outdoor dining deck overlooking the Upper Mississippi River Valley, the restaurant offers a little bit of everything. From signature sandwiches, mouth watering steaks, to fresh seafood.
Galena, Illinois
“Great Views and food”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

From the start I knew I was going to like this place. It's kind of off the radar because they don't advertise much in the area. Went there on the recommendation of a skier. Had the Irish Nachos....AWESOME

Visited January 2013

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Amazing view, be sure to make a reservation and request a window seat overlooking the Mississippi River. Or weather permitting an outside seat. Amazing food, had the shrimp for an appetizer, tomato soup and the Salmon. The service was also Amazing, our server Tina was great. I highly recommend the restaurant. It was a scenic 8 mile drive outside of Galena and well worth the trip.

• Visited October 2012
shabbona
“very good food”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I've eaten here about thirty times and have never been disappointed. Their walleye was wonderful, and the salmon, and salads. I've had many menu items and liked them all. Honest. I wish they'd bring back the liver and onions.

Visited October 2012
Elgin
“Great view”
Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

I wanted to see the scenery so I told my husband that I wanted to have lunch at Chestnut Mountain. We should have turned back when the sign said "14 miles of winding road ". Not so smart on a motorcycle. Arrived safely after a few scares. The view was worth the ride, the lunch not so much. Over priced, service fair,I felt rushed to finish and leave. Food was decent. No plans to return, saw the view and that was enough.

1 Thank jhd1966
Des Moines, Iowa
“A little expensive but good.”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We timed our meal to have a table by the window to view the sunset over the river. I had the special 14 oz. prime rib which was delicious. Two of us had the special cherry pie dessert, the molten lava brownie with ice cream was also wonderful.

Visited October 2012

Been to Sunset Grille? Share your experiences!