“Beautiful place to visit while in Galena”

Galena Cellars Vineyard
Ranked #15 of 45 things to do in Galena
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy the beautiful Jo Daviess County Countryside at Galena Cellars Vineyard with a tour of our vineyard and production facility. Private tours available year-round. Public tours April-November.
Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

The vineyard is a ten minute drive from downtown Galena. They offer tours for $5 and a wine tasting that was also $5. I believe that the tasting was 6 samples. Both are well worth the money. The staff is excellent! But the best part of the vineyard is the view from the front porch. They have a wide variety of cheese and crackers that you may purchase. (they supply cutting boards) Pair your cheese with a bottle of wine and take in the fabulous view from the porch!

2  Thank lovetochill10
There are newer reviews for Galena Cellars Vineyard

Reviewed June 11, 2012

You know how some local wineries can have some wine that's really good and other wine that has strange aftertastes. I feel this way especially about some fruit wines. Anyway, Galena Winery is a fun place to visit and to do some tasting. Certainly it's not a place for people with refined tastes in wine, but we usually find that some of their red table wine and even some of the dessert wines are good, yet pricy for the quality.

Reviewed May 31, 2012

Try the wines at ther tasting room in downtown Galena on Main Street. Go to Fritz and Frites for lunch for great french and german food and then continue driving east to go Galena Cellars Vineyard winery. Order another glass or bottle of your favorite and sit outside on the deck and enjoy the sunset over the vineyard.

3  Thank Ken G
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Make sure to go to the actual winery and not just the tasting room downtown. You cannot beat the views! Enjoy a tasting and then grab a glass or bottle of wine and sit on the outdoor veranda and just sit back and enjoy! The sangria and mimosa are wonderful!!!!!

Reviewed May 22, 2012

This weekend my bridal party hosted my bridal shower at the Galena Cellars Vineyard. We were blown away by the staff!! They were over the top with being helpful. They made us feel very comfortable! We had everything we needed to make the day special. The landscape was a beautiful sight as well! We drank sangria and muched while looking outward at the beauty of Galena. The vineyard is in the heart of Galena and surpasses your expectations with every visit. My guests couldn't get over the view. Many said it was the best shower they had every been too. That was so great to hear! We enjoyed every minute and my only regret was not staying the night in the room above the tasting room.

My fiance and I enjoy weekend afternoons at the vineyard and love Galena Cellars wine. It's a piece of paradise in our backyard as we live only 15-20 miles away. We visit the vineyard often so it was only appropriate to have my bridal shower there. We would also recommend just visiting with friends as it is a fun place to tour as well. Galena Cellars took my breath away!

1  Thank Sandalsbear2