“Cool atmosphere”

Ranked #10 of 65 Restaurants in Galena
Cuisines: American, Brew Pub
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a local grassroots craft brewery using only the best of local ingredients...The only brewery in Galena, and the first to return to this historic brewing town in 80 years. We have six regular house brands on tap, and five to six seasonal and guest taps, regular & seasonal brews, best baked wings in Galena, salads and sandwiches menu & desserts. Kids menu too! We have taken strides to ensure that our table and bar service is excellent, and we are happy to report that our customer feedback now consistently reflects that quality. Brewery tours Friday at 5pm and Saturday at 11:30am. Beer tasting flights and full bar. Live music and dancing most weekends on a Friday and Saturday at 8pm. Football games on 82 inch and 55 inch screens with really cool surround sound. When the game is on...You are THERE man! We also have a 35 seat party room for hire.
Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

we stopped here for drinks for my birthday Saturday night the beer is made there and they have some very good flavors at reasonable prices I also had a martini I believe the martinis are overpriced but they were everywhere in Galena the atmosphere was really cool they had a jazz band playing that night and there was plenty of places to sit very open and staff are friendly. they offer a beer flight option where you can try the six different beers that they make four ounce glasses of each to see which you like before you order

There are newer reviews for Galena Brewing Company

Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

we visited here this weekend for my birthday they had great tasting beer at reasonable prices and a live band with jazz style music very nice comfortable atmosphere and friendly staff

Reviewed February 18, 2014

This review is for the food, not the beer as we're not beer drinkers.

My wife and I came here on a Sunday around 1:30 pm and were immediately seated. They have a bunch of flat screens and were playing Bourne Identity on one and the Winter Olympics on the other. The place is pretty big and it's cool to see all of the brewing area in the back behind the main bar. There were all kinds of people here from fancy Chicagoans to locals. A nice mix.

I ordered the special pulled pork with chicken chili. My wife ordered the giant pretzel with two dips (jalapeno cheese and german mustard). Both of us really liked our food. The pretzel was served in a pizza-sized to-go box because they assume you aren't going to eat it all, and you are right. It's truly giant, but very soft and tasty. Both the cheese and mustard dips were good. My pulled pork and chili were both very tasty. The BBQ sauce was a mix of sweet and tangy and the chicken chili was nice and chunky, with a good flavor but not too spicy. Since we don't drink beer I had some of their artisan root beer, which was creamy and sweet. My wife had hard cider, which she liked with the pretzel. Service was friendly, quick and attentive. We were out of there in about 45 min. total and back to strolling on Main St. with full stomachs.

I'd definitely go back for lunch if/when I return to Galena.

2  Thank CitizenShay
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I live in Galena, and when I want a beer, I go here. Variety and quality, and it is always good. I used to buy Newcastle or store bought options...no more. Galena brewing Co. has fresh, great products, and a talented brewmaster. While in town, stop in for pint...Uly's or Russian Imperial Stouts are winners. Try the MacDougals Scottish Ale for a lighter option. Great product, great place.

1  Thank Ted W
Reviewed February 5, 2014

We only came for drinks and a dessert. Five of us each had a different beer with no complaints while my wife enjoyed her root beer float. I had the seasonal "Alpha King" which was quite aromatic with a solid malt backbone for a pale ale. Coming from a large city, I didn't expect to pay the same for a pint of beer out in Galena as I do at home. Also, all of us experienced the "short pour" where you're missing half an inch of beer in your glass. However, it's always nice to enjoy a local microbrew.

Been to Galena Brewing Company? Share your experiences!