“Yummy yummy mushrooms”

Ranked #10 of 63 Restaurants in Galena
Cuisines: American, Brew Pub
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We are a local grassroots craft brewery using only the best of local ingredients...The only brewery in Galena, and the first to return to this historic brewing town in 80 years. We have six regular house brands on tap, and five to six seasonal and guest taps, regular & seasonal brews, best baked wings in Galena, salads and sandwiches menu & desserts. Kids menu too! We have taken strides to ensure that our table and bar service is excellent, and we are happy to report that our customer feedback now consistently reflects that quality. Brewery tours Friday at 5pm and Saturday at 11:30am. Beer tasting flights and full bar. Live music and dancing most weekends on a Friday and Saturday at 8pm. Football games on 82 inch and 55 inch screens with really cool surround sound. When the game is on...You are THERE man! We also have a 35 seat party room for hire.
Chicago, Illinois
“Yummy yummy mushrooms”
Reviewed February 23, 2012

I'm not a beer person, so not really qualified to judge this place on its beer. I shared a flight of beer with someone and it was enjoyable to discover all the different tastes beer can have. But I loved the mushrooms.

Chicago, Illinois
“Ok, for a small town brewery”
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Large room, and seemed family friendly. But the menu is incredibly limited (and all over the map in a disjointed way). Our waitress was new, and apparently hadn't sampled anything so she was no help in picking beers or food. I like what they are trying to do (be a local Goose Island), but they have missed the mark.

Galena,IL
“Menu needs work”
Reviewed February 13, 2012

The beer far outshines the food. After more than a year in business it is time to rework the menu. The tapas items are expensive and a little odd for Galena. Think about what people really want to eat with a great beer.

Galena, Illinois
“Galena Brewing Company is a Winner”
Reviewed February 7, 2012

The staff and the Galena Brewing Company are beyond awesome. Everyone from Greg, Hayli, Dawn, Megan, Ashlee, Noah...are top notch. And the beer is incredible, especially their Uly’s Dark Oatmeal Stout. Beer flights are offered for those that have a hard time ordering! They have a good variety of food including several tapas dishes. But, the real treat is the beer brewed right at the facility. Thanks for the great service, wonderful conversation, great local and not-so-local bands, and over-all good vibe.

• Visited February 2012
Madison, Wisconsin
“Scotch ale worth the visit!”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I was looking forward to trying some new beers and eating a hamburger. Thus, when I discovered they had only tapas and some baked sandwiches, I was ready to move on. But the beer menu restrained me and I am glad it did. The scotch ale was on of the best I have encountered. I also tried a small taster glass of the "wheat wine", a close cousin to barley wine. It was almost as good. My wife had the IPA and it too was excellent. Meanwhile, the tapas were delicious and made a fine meal afterall, even if they were not hamburgers.

• Visited January 2012