“Average Brewery”

Galena Brewing Company
Ranked #10 of 63 Restaurants in Galena
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a local grassroots craft brewery using only the best of local ingredients...The only brewery in Galena, and the first to return to this historic brewing town in 80 years. We have six regular house brands on tap, and five to six seasonal and guest taps, regular & seasonal brews, best baked wings in Galena, salads and sandwiches menu & desserts. Kids menu too! We have taken strides to ensure that our table and bar service is excellent, and we are happy to report that our customer feedback now consistently reflects that quality. Brewery tours Friday at 5pm and Saturday at 11:30am. Beer tasting flights and full bar. Live music and dancing most weekends on a Friday and Saturday at 8pm. Football games on 82 inch and 55 inch screens with really cool surround sound. When the game is on...You are THERE man! We also have a 35 seat party room for hire.
Itasca, Illinois
“Average Brewery”
Reviewed January 10, 2012

Friends and I stopped in for a few drinks. Been to alot of microbreweries and this one would rank about average. Tried a sampler and the amber was definitely the best by far. Had the sweet potato fries with a burger that was average at best. Service was friendly but not overally attentive, especially considering they weren't that busy... worth a stop if you like microbrews but if not, wouldn't bother

Visited January 2012
1 Thank eagledemps

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Excellent Brews, Average Pub Grub”
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Let's start with the ale. It's very very good. I especially recommend the oatmeal stout. It's full flavored and malty, with a hint of chocolate and a nice hoppy finish. In a world full of stout, this stuff stands out. Make sure to take some home with you.

If the beer is wonderful, the food is pretty average fare for a brewpub. My pulled pork sandwich, with fries, was large, if not inspired. The fries were, well, fries. I give it five stars for the brews and three for the food. Service was good.

West Bend, Wisconsin
“Wide selection of local brews”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Good lunch menu selection to accompany the variety of brews, including a couple of seasonal choices.

Visited December 2011
galena il
“nice beer, good room”
Reviewed January 4, 2012

Had a few of there custom beers, really nice. I especially enjoyed the large area to eat when sitting at a table. I really hate it when you have to eat next to someone and you can hear them breathing, let alone chopping with their mouth open. yuck.

• Visited January 2012
WarrenBell B, Owner at Galena Brewing Company, responded to this review, January 10, 2012
Catherine, thank you soooo much for your review. We really appreciate your feedback and we are thrilled that you have enjoyed our carefully crafted beers and food. It is very gratifying to know that local people (and visitors too) are having a good time at the Galena brewery. This is what we are here for.
Galena, IL
“Great beers and food. Good music.”
Reviewed January 4, 2012

I live in Galena, so I get to come to the brewery pretty regularly. One of the things I have come to enjoy is their seasonal selections. My personal favorite is when the Brew Dude pushes the stout through a bunch of coffee. Limited supply, but someone will always email me to tell me when they have it, so I can pick up a growler or three.

The food menu changes every few months which is a really nice change. Few restaurants in Galena change their menus noticeably or with any announcement. Because the food is unique and mostly pretty good, I always make an extra effort to try the new menu when it's released.

Last Sunday... after partying all night for NYE, I came for their Chocolate Stout, paps bravas, stuffed mushrooms, and coconut chicken. I couldn't have picked a better post party lunch! And did I mention the Bears game was on? Lots of big TVs for your viewing pleasure.

Music: always booking very quality acts and has the space to book larger bands than most venues in Galena.

Cons: the live music is very loud. When the place fills with people it's very loud too. A bit of decorative, sound proofing would go a long way.

1 Thank CatKouz

Been to Galena Brewing Company? Share your experiences!