“Fun!”

Ranked #15 of 65 Restaurants in Galena
Cuisines: American, Brew Pub
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are a local grassroots craft brewery using only the best of local ingredients...The only brewery in Galena, and the first to return to this historic brewing town in 80 years. We have six regular house brands on tap, and five to six seasonal and guest taps, regular & seasonal brews, best baked wings in Galena, salads and sandwiches menu & desserts. Kids menu too! We have taken strides to ensure that our table and bar service is excellent, and we are happy to report that our customer feedback now consistently reflects that quality. Brewery tours Friday at 5pm and Saturday at 11:30am. Beer tasting flights and full bar. Live music and dancing most weekends on a Friday and Saturday at 8pm. Football games on 82 inch and 55 inch screens with really cool surround sound. When the game is on...You are THERE man! We also have a 35 seat party room for hire.
Reviewed June 10, 2011

I like this place. I wasn't sure at first, but it grows on you. It's a nice relaxed place to grab some food and drinks.

The beer is pretty good. In my experience there specials are better than what's on the menu; however, I do like the stout and the hefeweisen.

They also have a full bar, and a specials cocktail menu. I've had a very good lemon drop and a very good chocolate martini.

I've never had the dinner items. Usually I'm here for the tapas, which are always very good. The tomato and cream cheese tartlet is amazing and the sweet potato empanada is different and delicious. I've also had the cheese tray and the cervishe. Yummy. Once I tried a dessert, a home made apple cake with homemade vanilla ice cream. It was very, very good.

Service is good. It's what I would expect in a bar, after all that's what a brewery is, a slightly more upper scale bar. This one; though, has very good food. What more can you ask?

Reviewed May 30, 2011

but we were not in a hurry......the tapas were excellent and generous....was the best dining experience so far in Galena

Reviewed February 18, 2011

We stopped here twice in a single weekend! The first stop was accidental; the second was deliberate! Do yourself a favor; order the double chocolate stout and the bacon crostinis. You will not be disappointed! The owner stopped by our table each visit to inquire as to our satisfaction. He suggested a free brewery tour, which we much enjoyed. We learned a lot about brewing the delicious beers abailable at this inviting oasis. If you're here in October, you can watch some college football and drink a Hefeweizen.

Reviewed January 19, 2011

We went for a Friday night dueling piano show and planned to have the well reviewed tapas. They were reasonably priced and delicious. I loved them all. After hours of the wonderful piano music and delicious beer, we were hungry for dinner and they were still serving. The pulled pork was good, the usual, but it came with sweet potatoes that lacked flavor. So skip the sweet potatoes. Our waitress, Carrie, was wonderful. She was always smiling, kept the beer coming and attended to our every need.
So the wait staff have improved from previous reviews and the tapas with beer remain delicious! Great place to relax and enjoy a night with friends. To be clear, the piano players were very entertaining, but also tasteful. They didn't sing the usual tacky vulgar songs, it would be okay to bring the teenagers to enjoy the show as well.
I recommend reservations on the entertainment nights, seats fill up quickly and there were always people standing in hopes of a seat.

Reviewed January 5, 2011

This place is fantastic! Plop down by the fireplace on the leather couchette and and order a flight of ale with some tapas. Finish off your visit with a French press coffee and some toffee cake. (need I say yummy?) Don't miss the crostini with apple, bacon, and cheddar cheese. Also try the puff pastry with cheese and tomato. The men hang here for a while while the women hit some foo foo shops on main street, where this brew pub is conveniently located.

Been to Galena Brewing Company? Share your experiences!