“Good pub food”

Cuisines: American
Wheeling, Illinois
“Good pub food”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Typical pub fare. Had the turkey blt wrap which was very good. Family friendly and decently priced. Very good service. Would recommend to others.

Visited September 2013

Chicago, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sunday breakfast”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Holy smokes! Great food and a lot of it! The Sunday morning breakfast buffet at Paradise is probably the best hidden gem I've discovered so far! The buffet is well stocked and the food is well prepared. It consists of the usual buffet fare: eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits & gravy, potatoes & cheese, fruit, yogurt, pastries, french toast...but the absolute best part is it also includes a made-to-order omelet OR a belgian waffle! For eight bucks!! I tried a little bit of everything including the waffle and my friends omelet. Everything was fantastic and I will definitely be back! Highly recommend Paradise breakfast to everyone!

• Visited September 2013
Rockford, Illinois
“Nothing Special”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I stopped in here for lunch and I must say it was disappointing. The decor is nothing special (lots of dark paneling). My husband ordered the bleu cheese burger and asked them to hold the onions and I ordered the chili cheese dog. My husband's burger was not seasoned and it looked like a frozen meat patty. He had one piece of lettuce and they put the onions on it that he asked they hold on it. My hot dog was crisp and cooked nicely but the meat in the chili sauce was bland and the fries were nothing special. The meal prices were average for the area but what I didn't like was that when we were ready to pay the waitress mentioned that only cash or check were accepted no credit cards. Hello...no signs posted anywhere nor were you told when you order. I thought that was kind of stinky but maybe that's just me. If we visit the area again I'm sure we will find somewhere else to eat!

• Visited September 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Best fries I've had in a long time!”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stopped in here for lunch...place doesn't look like much but the food was great...we all had burgers and fries, the fries were crispy, flavorful and delicious! Burgers were cooked perfectly and were also very good, big enough to share. Noteworthy: they only take cash or personal checks, but they do have an ATM machine in the bar area.

Visited August 2013
chicago
“Good place for lunch”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Stopped in for lunch and we're glad we did. Ordered a combo appetizer plate which included cheese sticks and cheese rounds, deep fried pickle chips, French fries, huge onion rings and little taco's. Should have just stuck with that because there was so much but we had already ordered lunch. My husband had the Rueben and I had a cheeseburger. Both were very good and pretty big with lots of fries. As I said, we could have just filled ourselves with the appetizer plate but this was very good also. It was a hot day and it was nice and cool inside. Nothing fancy, but we had a table by the window where we could "people watch" while waiting for our food. The water and pop came in large glasses which was a plus on a hot day like that. We enjoyed the Paradise very much and would definitely return.

• Visited August 2013