“Uneventful meal”

Cuisines: American
Minnesota
“Uneventful meal”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Just a so-so meal. Very crowded with tables. Fries came unsalted and were very bland. Felt like we couldn't wait to get out!

Visited May 2013

Washington
“Homey and good food”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We had great service. The food was delicious and the portions were huge. Be aware they only take cash!

Visited April 2013
Fennimore, Wisconsin
“Phillie Guy Review”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

The cheesesteak was to die for!! The waitress couldn't have been more accomodating! The value was amazing and a very nice place for a Saturday lunch...few places are open @ 1:00 pm

Visited February 2013
Galena, Illinois
“The Older Locals and Families Like This Place”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

This is a bar & grill, which accepts cash and personal checks only. They serve bar & grill quality food. So, bring the right attitude, as I say, in my reviews. My wife ordered the grilled chicken salad, and I ordered the chef salad. Both were huge with fresh ingredients and worth the $8.95 price. I also ordered the fried mushrooms, which were plentiful and of good size. Fried mushrooms pretty much taste the same everywhere to me, and these were not particularly remarkable. I actually ended up bringing these home to eat the next day there were so many. The dressings for the salads and mushrooms came in good size packets, and they were pretty good. They offer a couple of fat free selections, which we appreciated and selected. Being a bar, the selection of alcohol was typical. They also offered Diet Sprite, in addition to Diet Coke. We were the second party in the establishment about 6:15 PM and we had no trouble being served quickly. However, by the time we left, the only waitress was moving pretty quickly keeping everyone served. In addition to five burgers, they serve fourteen sandwiches, soup and chili, eighteen appetizers, four wraps, several pizzas, and they have a kids menu which includes the great old favorite: mac and cheese. The bar decor is enhanced by four fish acquariums behind the bar, a couple of pinball machines, and they looked to be getting ready to open four video poker gaming machines, which are now legal in Illinois. They offer a Sunday brunch for $7.95 my wife and I will eventually try. We rarely go to bars, so this was an interesting and enjoyable change of pace for us.

• Visited February 2013
Woodridge, IL
“Worth the Price”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

This was our second time here and we have been very happy with the service and the food. Both times we went for lunch and both times the portions were large. This is not a fancy place,just plain but it was pretty filled up with people. I would go back again. Just to let everyone know they do not take credit cards. Cash or check only.

• Visited September 2012